Thread: Trees in the 'Hood

User Info Menu

Default Trees in the 'Hood

I took this vid to, actually I don't know why I took it.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Trees in the 'Hood

I know why you took it.

Beautiful!

User Info Menu

Trees, trees, trees that is all I see around my house. I don't need to see more stinking trees LOL

Here is a goggle aerial shot of where I live so you can see I have lots of trees.

Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 04-24-2013 at 08:40 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Trees, trees, trees that is all I see around my house. I don't need to see more stinking trees LOL
    I reckon the more trees, the better! There aren't enough trees around where I live, unfortunately.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

When I moved to Tennessee, I absolutely loved the trees. After a few years, I started noticing that certain trees could set me to sneezing. My love for trees has dimmed slightly since then. You do have a beautiful neighborhood Rick.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I know why you took it.

Beautiful!
    Thanks Tom. The first time I turned down that street to look at the house, I just thought "Wow, you don't get this in Jersey unless you are close to rich".

Here is a goggle aerial shot of where I live so you can see I have lots of trees.

Gilles, did you or did you not, pick that area to live?

Quote Originally Posted by xweasel View Post
    I reckon the more trees, the better! There aren't enough trees around where I live, unfortunately.
    NZ has some beautiful scenery. Isn't that where LOTR was shot?

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    When I moved to Tennessee, I absolutely loved the trees. After a few years, I started noticing that certain trees could set me to sneezing. My love for trees has dimmed slightly since then. You do have a beautiful neighborhood Rick.
    Thanks PB. My allergies have stayed about the same as when I was in Jersey, so I don't mind.

User Info Menu

I did Rick for health reasons. Could not live near the big cities anymore because of the smog etc. Here it maybe out in the middle of nowhere but the air is clean because of the tree throwing off oxygen etc. I have everything I need up here Satellite tv and internet. Closest store is a general store 2 miles away and the nearest city is 1/2 hour away and the really big cities are 2 hours away. Love it up here God's country.

User Info Menu

I did Rick for health reasons. Could not live near the big cities anymore because of the smog etc. Here it maybe out in the middle of nowhere but the air is clean because of the tree throwing off oxygen etc. I have everything I need up here Satellite tv and internet. Closest store is a general store 2 miles away and the nearest city is 1/2 hour away and the really big cities are 2 hours away. Love it up here God's country.

I think your place is beautiful, but, I would be asking God for less snow.

It is great living someplace where you can't see the air you are breathing.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    I think your place is beautiful, but, I would be asking God for less snow.

It is great living someplace where you can't see the air you are breathing.
    Well he has been giving us less snow as the years roll. I mean back when I was a kid 20 feet of snow in one season was normal now lucky if we get 3feet but it comes in big dumps though. Can't complain man but I bet you I don't get as many leaves as you do LOL. 75% of the trees are evergreens so not too many leaves.

User Info Menu

Beautiful neighborhood, Rick. Reminds me of the area where I built my last house back east. They pretty much cut down trees in an area where they were developing and where very careful to only cut down trees that would be in the way of house building. Unfortunately, I had a few trees in my backyard that the bark had been damaged from some the the heavy machinery. I did my best to paint the wounds after they were done building.

It seems very strange to me now living in the suburbs. Sure there are plenty of trees and such, but I sure do miss living in a very wooded area. There was just something about it. Very tranquil and peaceful.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Well he has been giving us less snow as the years roll. I mean back when I was a kid 20 feet of snow in one season was normal now lucky if we get 3feet but it comes in big dumps though. Can't complain man but I bet you I don't get as many leaves as you do LOL. 75% of the trees are evergreens so not too many leaves.
    I will admit that all the leaves are a pain, but, I learned a lesson last fall to not let the leaves get ahead of me. Staying ahead of them would be like 40 minutes 3X a week. I will take the leaves over snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Markadiddle View Post
    Beautiful neighborhood, Rick. Reminds me of the area where I built my last house back east. They pretty much cut down trees in an area where they were developing and where very careful to only cut down trees that would be in the way of house building. Unfortunately, I had a few trees in my backyard that the bark had been damaged from some the the heavy machinery. I did my best to paint the wounds after they were done building.

It seems very strange to me now living in the suburbs. Sure there are plenty of trees and such, but I sure do miss living in a very wooded area. There was just something about it. Very tranquil and peaceful.

That was 1 of the things I sought when I moved here. After I retired, and spent about 10 years almost constantly in Jersey (and about 15-20 minutes from Manhattan) I got sick of the rush and BS up there. Where we lived, our apartment complex was on the water, so we got 40-50 MPH winds that went right through you no matter how warm you dressed. That killed my arthritis.

Down here, it gets cold, but we don't get the wind so if you are out and it's 30 degrees, you aren't freezing your butt off, and our snowfall this winter was about 1/4". Add to that, if I jump in my car, I'm about a 5 minute ride from a major mall and supermarket, and if I drive 5 minutes past that, there are cows and horses out in pastures.

Not to be morbid, but at my age, I might have 20 years or 20 minutes left, this is where I want to spend it.

User Info Menu

I took this vid to, actually I don't know why I took it.
    Hey Rick,

I can't see 'em too good but those pink flowers look like azaleas to me. I've seen them in pink and in white around here. We have lots of azaleas.

That was a good video, Rick. Kinda relaxing to me since I love the outdoors.

Glad you're enjoying the new place!

Take care my friend!
    Take care and seeya!

Jim

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgraham798 View Post
    Hey Rick,

I can't see 'em too good but those pink flowers look like azaleas to me. I've seen them in pink and in white around here. We have lots of azaleas.

That was a good video, Rick. Kinda relaxing to me since I love the outdoors.

Glad you're enjoying the new place!

Take care my friend!

It's a huge change from the area I came from.

When I first got to NC in'66, I thought they put me in the boondocks. I literally couldn't stand it, but it grew on me.

Now, all these years later, I love it. I have a lot of work to do, nothing that has to be done, just things I want to do.

User Info Menu

Wow that's a lot of trees! You must have exceptional air quality in your neighborhood.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Wow that's a lot of trees! You must have exceptional air quality in your neighborhood.

I guess so, Russ. You have me wondering if maybe all this is a dream.

User Info Menu

It's a huge change from the area I came from.

When I first got to NC in'66, I thought they put me in the boondocks. I literally couldn't stand it, but it grew on me.

Now, all these years later, I love it. I have a lot of work to do, nothing that has to be done, just things I want to do.
    I've never been north of the Kentucky line myself, except for once i went to Alaska. Isn't Jersey pretty crowded?

I love the boondocks...hehehe...Where I live now was in the country when I first moved out here in '63. It's all changed into 'burbs now but the little area I'm in still has that country feel to it. When I was a kid we woul go and explore all the woods within 5 miles of our houses. Ran up on a still one time accidentally.....wish I could find it again :-)

I see more cars in 5 minutes now than I did in a week and a half when I was a kid. We still have lots of trees. The one in my front yard is an oak we planted in '63 and it's a good 70ft tall or so. We have lots of old oaks out here and when they blow down and get cut up, you can find some lead in them probably from the Civil War era.

It looks really peaceful where you live. You can sit out in the back under the trees and sip on a little scotch!

I haven't been seeing any of your videos recently...you still putting 'em up?

Take care my friend!

seeya!

Jim
    Take care and seeya!

Jim

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgraham798 View Post
    I've never been north of the Kentucky line myself, except for once i went to Alaska. Isn't Jersey pretty crowded?

I love the boondocks...hehehe...Where I live now was in the country when I first moved out here in '63. It's all changed into 'burbs now but the little area I'm in still has that country feel to it. When I was a kid we woul go and explore all the woods within 5 miles of our houses. Ran up on a still one time accidentally.....wish I could find it again :-)

I see more cars in 5 minutes now than I did in a week and a half when I was a kid. We still have lots of trees. The one in my front yard is an oak we planted in '63 and it's a good 70ft tall or so. We have lots of old oaks out here and when they blow down and get cut up, you can find some lead in them probably from the Civil War era.

It looks really peaceful where you live. You can sit out in the back under the trees and sip on a little scotch!

I haven't been seeing any of your videos recently...you still putting 'em up?

Take care my friend!

seeya!

Jim

Is Jersey crowded? Look at it this way, the city I lived in was 3 sq. miles with 110,000 people. Where I live now is something like 20 1/2 sq. miles with 28,000 people. Big difference right there, so, yes, it's very peaceful.

As for the videos, they are on the drum video pages.

User Info Menu

See what a good little word search brings up

We moved last December and at the bottom of the drive way are 2 river birch trees... one on each side. Actually it looks like 8 trees the way they both branch out at the bottom.

They're big and messy. Pretty good sized brances break off and the driveway is covered with little twigs. Its my first time having one of these around. I told it yesterday if it doesn't stop doing this it'll be made into an 8pc blue glitter.

Just kidding personally I'm kind of a tree hugger
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Birch trees I could live with. In my back yard I have a massive black walnut tree and an even bigger oak. The Oak tree is constantly dropping sticks and acorns. It’s impossible to keep the gutters and yard clean. Oak trees also keep their leaves all winter and then drop them in the spring. The Walnut tree is worse. Some years I literally have a full sized pickup load of walnuts. They are everywhere. They are covered in black goo that permanently stains anything they touch. It even drips from the trees. I’ve had several shirts ruined. The squirrels destroy my flowerbeds by burying walnuts. They also sit in the tree and eat half the outer casing off the walnuts, then drop them. It’s like getting a golf ball dropped on your head from 30Ft. They even throw them at the dogs. By late August, two of my dogs hide under the bed from fear and refuse to go out to potty..seriously. I can’t mow the yard without raking up walnuts first. If you don’t, they decay and the shells break up into little shards of glass. The dogs get them stuck in the pads of their feet, and you don’t dare walk outside without shoes.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

This thread is all dusty and stuff.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    This thread is all dusty and stuff.

User Info Menu

Image no longer showing in original post. Here are a few pics of my hood from last week's peak blossom period

c4M5%BqHQ6y3sz0c9IxrEg.jpg

W0fTzenGSA6ztvWXOeol8w.jpg

User Info Menu

beautiful pictures ITPP
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Absolutely gorgeous Marc.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS