Thread: Yamaha DTXplorer - Drum Reviews

User Info Menu

Question Yamaha DTXplorer - Drum Reviews

I have recently been looking to try and buy an electronic kit. I sort of liked the look of the Yamaha DTXplorer. Could anyone who has one or has played one please reply with a review about it.
    Thanks.

User Info Menu

i can..

i had the dtxteme 2..

it hard was is so so in the sence its very weak and tends to shift with every hit..

the brain however is really good... kinda confusing at first but is useful and has plenty of songs from jazz to hard rock...

the kick thing on the dtxpress 2 is very limited only allowing 1 drum pedal and has a stiff feel... also with the hit hat pedal.. its missing the weight and feels weird at first..

i was superised to find that the drums were actually pretty accurate on the sence of how hard or soft i hit it...

overall i give it 8 out of 10 since the hardware isn't the best... but overall worth getting and very fun..

User Info Menu

Congrats on your first posts, CW, and welcome to Drum Chat!!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Congrats on your first posts, CW, and welcome to Drum Chat!!
    lets keep it on track...

lol !

thanks

User Info Menu

Can't keep this thread on track, because I've never played an electronic kit. I am curious, but when I see the cost of those things I just walk the other way!

And now, back to our regularly scheduled thread!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

my church had a set and i loved it...

church had 4 huge PA speakers and sounded nice... + with headphones its just a blast... perfect for apartments

User Info Menu

Yeah, if I wasn't in a parsonage on the church grounds, with no neighbors within shouting distance, I would probably have thought about an electronic kit just to keep the noise down. Alas, I do not have that problem, so I can pound away!

User Info Menu

Default Electric drums

I was in the same boat .I played the yamaha and the rolands. I liked the mesh heads so I bought the Roland TD-6SXT kit it was good kept it for a few weeks played it at church then sold it and bought a TD-12 which I have now and it is very good . The roland TD modules are easy to use and if money is an issue I would reccomend this kit. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...Set?sku=447838
    If not I would say this would be next in line http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...Set?sku=447840
    If I can help let me know .
    Last edited by 2slow; 09-27-2007 at 03:33 PM.
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

Can't comment on the DT explorer, but I've played the DT express, the higher end one with the realistic looking high-hat. I really liked that, sounded great, rebound felt good to me on the pads. That particular set is more than twice the cost of the explorer though.
    Gretsch Catalina Birch 6 piece fusion set (10,12,14,16in. Toms, 22 Bass). Sabian 20" HH Classic Ride, 16" Istanbul Agop Dark Crash, & Zildian K 13" Hi-hats.

User Info Menu

I just bought the yamaha dtxpress4 special, My first electronic kit,
    I tried the explorer and for $800 its good, but I forked out the extra for the special, Glad I did cos I love the 3 zone choke cymbal, ride and the hi hat is great plus the larger 3 zone snare and its adjustable , plus I can record myself on it. I got this kit brand new for a great price $1600 canadian and thats taxes in. good luck.
    things i dont like about it....hmmmm,
    you can see my skinny legs when I play.