Thread: Cad Pro 7 - Budget mics can sound decent

scottyp is offline Senior Member (Respected Chatter)

User Info Menu

Default Cad Pro 7 - Budget mics can sound decent

I bought some CAD mics not expecting much. here is a quick recording I made, I'm not very good with using EQ but even still they sound pretty good

BackStreetDrums Guest

Default Re: Cad Pro 7 - Budget mics can sound decent

Thanks for sharing...have been considering as well

User Info Menu

I use them for my toms. Great mics for the price.

User Info Menu

I bought them for an outdoor gig, along with a Behringer 1222 mixer. They need hardly any EQ, except for the kick mic, and they sound very good. I used the overheads to close mic the hi-hat and ride. I only used two of the tom mics with a 2 up 2 down set by micing in between the two mounted toms and the floor toms. It worked and sounded good. The only mic that I think could be better is the kick mic. It seems to have too much mid range and not enough low end pre eq'd into it.
    Mapex Drums / Ludwig Hardware / Sabian Cymbals / Tama Pedals & Hardware / Remo and Aquarian
    Heads /
    Vic Firth Sticks

scottyp is offline Senior Member (Respected Chatter)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WYOman View Post
    I bought them for an outdoor gig, along with a Behringer 1222 mixer. They need hardly any EQ, except for the kick mic, and they sound very good. I used the overheads to close mic the hi-hat and ride. I only used two of the tom mics with a 2 up 2 down set by micing in between the two mounted toms and the floor toms. It worked and sounded good. The only mic that I think could be better is the kick mic. It seems to have too much mid range and not enough low end pre eq'd into it.
    ya but for the $100 for 7 mics you cant go wrong