Thread: Best bongos out there?

Ebongo Guest

Thumbs up Best bongos out there?

What are the best (unused) bongos on the market?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Best bongos out there?

Definitely Palm Tree Pete's. They light up!

User Info Menu

I'm a fan of Tycoon Percussion's bongos. Great sound, and the pinstripe series looks quite beautiful. Can't go wrong with LP either:

User Info Menu

Can't go wrong with Palm Tree Pete!!

Seriously though, there are heaps. Toca, LP, Meinl make bongos too I'm pretty sure. Or check out a local custom brand if one exists man. So many decent brands out there but.
    Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Best bongos out there?

Welcome aboard ebongo! (Great name if I do say so !)

I have played Meinls and LPs for years, and I would look them over seriously if I were buying new ones...but I wouldn't limit myself to those two brands. drumstix gave some excellent advice! +1
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Saludos, IMHO & depending on your wallet you can buy boutique type bongos like Moperc,SOS,Resolution Drums,Mathews Smith,Manito Percussion In the USA. In Colombia you can Buy El Piernas,3A & Colombia Percussion. In Puerto Rico Charlie Vega Percussion or Timbas del Valle. All are hand made and come ready to play out of the box. Not like mass produce factory type where after paying close to $300 you have to invest on skins because the factory ones do not produce a good sound. The only one with good skins mass produce is the Dandy Rodriguez model made by LP. If you wallet is an impediment you could get a LP Matador Custom which is cheap but with correct skins will do an ecxellent job.

Ebongo Guest

Everyone's input is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoballo View Post
    Saludos, IMHO & depending on your wallet you can buy boutique type bongos like Moperc,SOS,Resolution Drums,Mathews Smith,Manito Percussion In the USA. In Colombia you can Buy El Piernas,3A & Colombia Percussion. In Puerto Rico Charlie Vega Percussion or Timbas del Valle. All are hand made and come ready to play out of the box. Not like mass produce factory type where after paying close to $300 you have to invest on skins because the factory ones do not produce a good sound. The only one with good skins mass produce is the Dandy Rodriguez model made by LP. If you wallet is an impediment you could get a LP Matador Custom which is cheap but with correct skins will do an ecxellent job.

User Info Menu

I bump around on Meinls, sound great!
    Attitude is everything!