Thread: Any info on these congas?

User Info Menu

Default Any info on these congas?

Hi everybody - new member here. Joined because I got these congas as props for a play the school I work for is having. While looking over them, noticed that there was no brand or marking on it, except for 'Japan' on the top part.

If anyone has any info on them or can send me in the right direction, that'd be great! I'd love to find out some history on it since I had never seen those metal bars extend from the congas themselves.
    Thanks!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Any info on these congas?

Welcome to Drum Chat ezintrooper!

I am by no means an expert on hand drums. I am sure someone will come along that can offer some real help. The built-in stands are certainly unusual, and might help someone give some details. My guess is that these are bargain basement, no name congas. I could be wrong though. There's a first time for everything.

Again, welcome!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Any info on these congas?

Thanks Pastor_bob!
    Yea, I figure that they were some no name, bargain congas. Hopefully someone knows of other models that had these built-in stands or photos of players using something similar!