Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guess who....no peeking...

User Info Menu

Default Re: Guess who....no peeking...

Quote Originally Posted by Larrysperf View Post
    Bish Bash I was taking a bath But so Glad Bish is back. Wonder if he ever got rid of that gas lol
    WELCOME BACK
    Thanks, Lar....Oh your song is so funny....(NOT)

Yes, the GAS is gone. You are using it in your fishing boat now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Bish!! Good to see you posting again my friend! Let's see, with all that time on your hands, I'm guessing you must have bought and sold at least another 5 kits by now.

Seriously, though, you've been missed.
    Actually, I'm downsizing. I'm in discussion with my local GC to liquidate some assests shall we say....

I'm negotiating a deal to have them buy my Pearl Masters and my Gretsch Renowns.

I'll probably keep my TAMA's. The lil bopper for portability and my Star Classics for the important stuff.

I've also sold several guitars and am about to unload a couple more. I can almost see carpeting...

User Info Menu

+1.................a long sabbatical?

User Info Menu

Is this the thread where the long lost people are supposed to post?

Hey Bish!

User Info Menu

DC!!!

Baby Doll, you can post anywhere you like!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

DC!!!

Baby Doll, you can post anywhere you like!
    LOL PB! <3

User Info Menu

I've got some other news I'd like to share. This is health related and a bit on the scary side. (not to mention sort of long.)

Starting last summer I was noticing several oddities with my left eye. While mowing one nice dusk evening last fall, I saw what I thought was a hyper speed fire fly go zooming across the yard. After several days, I brushed it off thinking it had to have been something like seeing stars, for whatever reason.

During the winter I started noticing shadows kind of like if you look at a bright light and then look away and the shadow is still there for several seconds. Only I hadn't looked at a bright light and it would take several minutes before the shadow would vanish.

Normally I'm not prone to going to the doctor for every little thing but this was starting to effect my ability to see my monitor at work and was becoming disruptive.

I made an appointment with our the local Eye Surgeons and had a complete eye exam done which determined nothing or than I have 20/20 from arms length out and 20/30 from arms length in.

After that was over I waited about 20 more minutes before being seen by the actual eye doctor. During HIS exam he found I had a piece of soft placque that had embedded itself into a larger blood vessel in my left eye. He about freaked exclaiming, "I hadn't expected that." Of course, I started sweating profusely and my BP sky rocketed not knowing what he was referring to until he told me. He recommended I needed to determine where it came from as the next one would be fatal. Nice....

So I schedule time at our local hospital and have an ultra sound of my heart and carotid arteries done. A week after that I have a review with my medical doctor and he's all dumbfounded due to nothing in my regular physicals had uncovered any of that. No high BP or cholesterol or physical attributes to lead us to believe anything was wrong. But the ultrasound had determined that my left carotid was 75% blocked and discarding flecks at random. He then scheduled an appointment with an cardiologist to determine the next course of action.

So two weeks ago this past Thursday I met with him. He, too, was shocked and said that I was lucky I hadn't already had a major stroke. He told me he has me scheduled for surgery the next Monday and it was my choice whether or not I wanted to go. I looked at him and said, "So meds are out of the question." He said that it was past that point and I have less than 6 months before I will have a major and probably fatal stroke. I almost had one right there.

So the following Monday I was on the bench at 9 AM and in recovery about 12:30 that afternoon. Spent the night under nursed care and discharged the next day. I still have a bit of a speech problem due to swelling of my entire left side not to mention an incision from the left side of my neck all the way to the front. Very appealing. NOT.

So I'm in heal mode at the moment and still regaining strength. I'm also scheduled to start a new job a week from Monday and not sure I'm going to be able to.

With all that said, guys and gals, don't take anything for granted with your health. Even annual physicals don't always catch everything. If you notice anything peculiar don't take risks, have it checked out. It could save your life.

"Stepping down from the podium now." Thanks for reading.

User Info Menu

Ooops, I left out one important detail.

I had a follow-up with the eye doctor a month after the initial exam and the placque in my left eye had gone away.

The moral of that story is, if I hadn't gone in when I did, they may never have seen that and may not have caught my serious condition. Guess I was very lucky.

BTW all of this occurred during March and April.

User Info Menu

Wow, Bish. That's scary stuff. Glad you're ok now.

User Info Menu

Jesus man, all the best!..here's to a speedy recovery

User Info Menu

Jeez man. Rough stuff. I wish you a speedy recovery.
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

Bish, I'm sorry to hear about your health issue, but I am very glad that it has a happy ending.

Not to hijack your thread, but I thought I would add an experience that I had this week to support your thought that things that don't seem right, should be checked.

I had a spot show up on my right forearm, and occasionally it would hurt, which I knew was a red flag. So I decided to see the dermatologist about it last Wednesday. While I was there, I was asked if I wanted a full body scan, since I was fair skinned, freckled, and spend time on the beaches of California. I agreed, and a spot was discovered between my shoulder blades. It turns out that the spot on my forearm was no big deal, but the spot between my shoulder blades was cut off and sent to be biopsied. If I hadn't gone to have my arm checked, the growth on my back would not have been discovered. I am grateful that they offered to check more than just my arm. In another 8 days I'll find out what happens next.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Bish, I'm sorry to hear about your health issue, but I am very glad that it has a happy ending.

Not to hijack your thread, but I thought I would add an experience that I had this week to support your thought that things that don't seem right, should be checked.

I had a spot show up on my right forearm, and occasionally it would hurt, which I knew was a red flag. So I decided to see the dermatologist about it last Wednesday. While I was there, I was asked if I wanted a full body scan, since I was fair skinned, freckled, and spend time on the beaches of California. I agreed, and a spot was discovered between my shoulder blades. It turns out that the spot on my forearm was no big deal, but the spot between my shoulder blades was cut off and sent to be biopsied. If I hadn't gone to have my arm checked, the growth on my back would not have been discovered. I am grateful that they offered to check more than just my arm. In another 8 days I'll find out what happens next.
    Amen, to that. You never know.

User Info Menu

Wow. Glad to know that you're recovering Bish matey. That was indeed a scary story. (I've had a scary one this afternoon, but I'm not going to hi-jack this thread, of course). You know if you can't catch me here, I'll see you somewhere on Facebook. Drop in and say hi, my drum bro!

PB, likewise. Glad to know you're keeping safe. The sun is not exactly a forgiving thing either....remember my close call I had last year when I went camping with friends? I count myself very, very lucky indeed. Even driving in summer here, one's gotta be careful about leaning your right arm out or within the door when driving (hey, it's Oz....we're the right-side drivers unlike you southpaws, lol)....so whenever I drive in summer, my forearms will get a good layer of sunblock lotion on them, it's a must!
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Bish! Glad to see you here again brother! Stay well!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbledore View Post
    Wow. Glad to know that you're recovering Bish matey. That was indeed a scary story. (I've had a scary one this afternoon, but I'm not going to hi-jack this thread, of course). You know if you can't catch me here, I'll see you somewhere on Facebook. Drop in and say hi, my drum bro!

PB, likewise. Glad to know you're keeping safe. The sun is not exactly a forgiving thing either....remember my close call I had last year when I went camping with friends? I count myself very, very lucky indeed. Even driving in summer here, one's gotta be careful about leaning your right arm out or within the door when driving (hey, it's Oz....we're the right-side drivers unlike you southpaws, lol)....so whenever I drive in summer, my forearms will get a good layer of sunblock lotion on them, it's a must!
    Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    Bish! Glad to see you here again brother! Stay well!
    Thanks, guys. You keep me smiling and coming back.

User Info Menu

Glad you went to the doc when you did. Just reinforces the fact that you need to live every day as if it were going to be your last.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Glad you went to the doc when you did. Just reinforces the fact that you need to live every day as if it were going to be your last.
    And I hope others will take a more aggressive approach to ensure a healthy future.

User Info Menu

Glad you're on the road to recovery man. That was a close call.

User Info Menu

Pretty scary episode for you, eh. Glad your okay now. I guess there is something to be said about taking a baby aspirin every day to thin your blood a little to prevent clotting. It might sound like an old person thing to do, but a lot of doctors are recommending that you do this. We don't have to be in our 60's for something to happen. Good luck.
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post

! day you will be right.

User Info Menu

Bish, wow glad you had some professionals that were on top of that and got you to the right people. I have a friend who is a cardiologist and I see him once a year because he demands it basically. And that is one thing he checks to make sure he can hear the blood flow through the carotid artery with a stethoscope. He said it is fairly obvious when listening if it is struggling. Never had my GP check it during a physical. Glad you are OK, very scary stuff!
    Joe

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Glad you're on the road to recovery man. That was a close call.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolvie56 View Post
    Pretty scary episode for you, eh. Glad your okay now. I guess there is something to be said about taking a baby aspirin every day to thin your blood a little to prevent clotting. It might sound like an old person thing to do, but a lot of doctors are recommending that you do this. We don't have to be in our 60's for something to happen. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    ! day you will be right.
    Quote Originally Posted by gatlin5 View Post
    Bish, wow glad you had some professionals that were on top of that and got you to the right people. I have a friend who is a cardiologist and I see him once a year because he demands it basically. And that is one thing he checks to make sure he can hear the blood flow through the carotid artery with a stethoscope. He said it is fairly obvious when listening if it is struggling. Never had my GP check it during a physical. Glad you are OK, very scary stuff!
    Thanks, everyone. I'm getting more back to normal every day. Hmmm, normal can be defined differently for different people. I don't think I was ever normal normal. Just normal for me. Weeehhhheeeeeeeeee

User Info Menu

Good to see you back posting Bish and glad to hear all is fine after surgery too.

Its also good to see DC post something after so many years.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey