Thread: parting out good drums

User Info Menu

Angry parting out good drums

this is something that really burns me up and I hope the dude that's doing it on ebay reads this post. Found a survivor drum that I've been looking for for a long time and it's totally gutted of every part. Sorry it just really burns me up when a (non drummer probably) money miser does this. Same thing goes for people that sell hats separately.
    Last edited by slinky; 05-04-2013 at 03:39 PM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Default Re: parting out good drums

It kind've hurts you doesn't it? I oncle saw this beautiful white marine pearl 1962 bass drum and it was scavenged and pieced out... man it hurt me on the inside. By the way, you might want to edit your post to take out some of the fouler language.
    6 Piece Pearl Masters Custom Extra Maple
    14x5.5 Snare
    10x8 Tom
    12x9 Tom
    14x12 Floor Tom
    15x13 Floor Tom
    22x16 Bass Drum

Miscellaneous Hardware
    14 inch Zildjian Quick Beats
    16 inch Istanbul Xist Crash
    20 inch Meinl HCS ride.

User Info Menu

slinky, I have the same reaction when I see someone parting out drums, or guitars. I especially hate the ads that threaten to part something out if people aren't responding to their ad for something that it overpriced. On the other hand, I guess I've never been searching for that matching 1964 lug that I need.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

if the shell was damaged and unrepairable then go ahead and part it out.

I didn't use any foul language.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Sometimes I guess it's all about the money slinky. Pieced out can bring more cash but take longer too. Bad for someone who wants the whole thing, good for someone who only needs that certain piece. It doesn't really bother me whatsoever someone does with their own items because they're not mine to begin with.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    Sometimes I guess it's all about the money slinky. Pieced out can bring more cash but take longer too. Bad for someone who wants the whole thing, good for someone who only needs that certain piece. It doesn't really bother me whatsoever someone does with their own items because they're not mine to begin with.
    +1

It doesn't bother me either. Think about how much it would suck if you had to buy a new car when all you needed was a new windshield. It's the same idea. And it's theirs, so they can do whatever they want with it.
    Mapex Meridian Maple
    12"x9", 14"x14", 16"x16", 22"x18"

Addiction Drum Design custom 14"x7" segment snare
    Ludwig Epic 14"x7" "Brick" snare with custom paint
    DW Collector's Series 14"x6.5" Black Nickel Over Brass snare

Zildjian A Custom
    14" Mastersound HiHats
    16" Projection Crash
    18" Projection Crash
    21" Rezo Ride

Evans Drum Heads

Meinl Cajon
    Meinl Large Studio Shaker
    LP Egg Shaker
    LP Cyclops Tambourine

User Info Menu

It's a good thing if you're the one needing the part. I've been thinking about getting a different bottom hat cymbal separately. I wouldn't want to buy top and a bottom, just so I can get a different bottom cymbal.

User Info Menu

The main thing that's annoying if its a non drummer who does it and they waaaay overprice that drum. When you could buy the set new for the price there selling just that piece. The annoying part is when they overprice it.
    DW Remo Vic Firth Zidljian

User Info Menu

it's not just one either. There's a slew of drums taken apart.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN