Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new website with free transcriptions

User Info Menu

Default Re: My new website with free transcriptions

I tip my hat to you Sir for taking the time to share with the guys who need this..that's a lot of work and should be much appreciated by all...my cheat notes would look like they should be in a childrens book, and would take months to explain

User Info Menu

Wowwow, Shane................great work.............and lots of it.

I have a gear question..............what is the reason of your preference for the big conventional bass drum beaters ???

I ask because I've been having a slight bit of trouble with the newer designs.

Thanks in advance for any reply and thanks for all your hard work..........great website.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Wowwow, Shane................great work.............and lots of it.

I have a gear question..............what is the reason of your preference for the big conventional bass drum beaters ???

I ask because I've been having a slight bit of trouble with the newer designs.

Thanks in advance for any reply and thanks for all your hard work..........great website.
    A big second round of thanks to all that have complimented me here. It is very much appreciated!

I'll answer Ricardo question:

That is the Vater Vintage Bomber, which is soft wool (synthetic I think) over cork. I have been involved in marching and concert band for the past 25 years, and it's standard that the bigger the drum, the bigger and softer the impement used. It's kind of odd that we mostly use a tiny impact size hard beater on such a big drum.

I originally tried the Bomber out after I saw Adam Deitch using it on the Modern Drummer 2010 Festival DVD. He called it the "click eraser," meaning that it softens out the harsh attach you get from small, hard beaters. Instead of a "boom" sound, you get a "woom" sound. It seems like there is more body and fullness to the sound and less attack, but it's still there enough to be heard. It's also incredibly, super-light and fast. In fact, that's the only downside - I have it on a strap drive pedal, and whenever I'm forced to use a different setup, it seems really sluggish to me.

I hope that helps. Thanks for checking out my site.