Thread: Snare drum sling

User Info Menu

Default Snare drum sling

can anyone tell me how to put a drum sling on a marching band snare?

User Info Menu

Saw your post and thought I'd check it out. Sorry, but I've never been in marching band. I'm a kit guy. There are a lot of people on the drumlines in here, so I'm sure you'll get the advice you need. Take care, Intermediate!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Isnt their usually a pad on the bottom of the drum that goes on your leg, then a hook that hooks to the actual sling?

I dont know for sure, i use a center harness, the class of 05 was the last time my school used slings, and the class graduating now is 08

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Intermediate View Post
    can anyone tell me how to put a drum sling on a marching band snare?
    Yamaha has a universal sling attachment that attaches to the top rim and a universal leg rest that attaches to the bottom rim. There is a row of holes on the sling attachment that allows you to attach the sling at 2 points to give the drum the desired angle.

User Info Menu

Most of the slings I've seen have a Clip hook on one end, the part that attaches the clip hook to the strap has a circular hole in it. The sling goes over your shoulder and the other end of the sling has a J hook that goes in the hole on the end with the clip hook. Somewhere near the top rim of the drum above the leg rest should be an eye bolt or a similar circular place to attach the clip from the harness to the drum. Hope that is clear as mud for you!!
    Gretsch Catalina Birch 6 piece fusion set (10,12,14,16in. Toms, 22 Bass). Sabian 20" HH Classic Ride, 16" Istanbul Agop Dark Crash, & Zildian K 13" Hi-hats.