Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Totally Off Topic: Hospital

User Info Menu

Default Totally Off Topic: Hospital

Very weird subject but I was just curious, have you ever been in the hospital for anything?

Me: the birth of my daughter and kidney stones. That's it...... (kidney stone were worse then labor).

I had stitches once in my ear when I was 12. A dog attacked me and ripped my earlobe off.
    Last edited by drum_chick; 08-28-2007 at 10:09 PM.

User Info Menu

I've been for broken bones (never stayed though of course), and when I had my tonsils out I was there for like a night or something. And like you I had to go becuase I for stitches because was mauled by a dog - German Shepard. Big mutha who would have killed me if I hadn't been fortunate and able to think while being pinned to the ground by a dog bigger than me.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Hernia repair, but that didn't require an overnight stay. And no delivering of babies here!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Hernia repair, but that didn't require an overnight stay. And no delivering of babies here!
    Good to hear, that would hurt! LOL

User Info Menu

Did try to pull my bottom lip up over my head once. Just wanted to know what my wife felt during delivery!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Lololololol!!!!!

User Info Menu

Wasn't funny at all!!!

User Info Menu

Oh boy, where do I begin? Let's see........Cracked my head open twice, broken 9 toes, broken leg, broken arm, broken collarbone, broke 3 fingers, torn rotator cuff, torn ACL, had a piece of glass go through my hand, had a nail go through my foot, had to have rocks removed from my butt cheek, and 2 severe concussions. I was a semi-pro freestyle bmx rider until I was 27 and every on of these (except the nail) occured either on my bike or bailing off of it ( I loved riding vert!!!).

Oh yeah, I was born in a hospital too!
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

As soon as I strated reading yourpost 1DB I knew you were into an extreme sport. I was guessing blades, board or bike - it was the htird as you revealed. A friend of mine during highschool was a blader, almost made it to X-Games, but then got distracted by a girl and basically gave it up. But yeah, he was always comming off in a pipe or something and hurting himself, although he somehow managed to never break a bone - don't know how.....

User Info Menu

Ive broken my arm twice. Thats all.

User Info Menu

I've never stayed over night, but I've been there for the typical broken bones/stitches stuff.

I have worked in a bunch of hospitals back in the 80's, not as a medical person, but doing construction while the hospital was in use. I've seen all kinds of opperations, from brain surgery to amputations. Wild stuff.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1DrumBum View Post
    Oh boy, where do I begin? Let's see........Cracked my head open twice, broken 9 toes, broken leg, broken arm, broken collarbone, broke 3 fingers, torn rotator cuff, torn ACL, had a piece of glass go through my hand, had a nail go through my foot, had to have rocks removed from my butt cheek, and 2 severe concussions. I was a semi-pro freestyle bmx rider until I was 27 and every on of these (except the nail) occured either on my bike or bailing off of it ( I loved riding vert!!!).

Oh yeah, I was born in a hospital too!
    when I read your post I thought OH MAN THIS GUY IS A SECRET AGENT! but then I read you're into extreme sports but yeah close enough!.

...I broke my arm once, thats about it
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

I've luckily done nothing.

But props goes to my sister for breaking her bones faster than anyone else. She wanted to rollerskate, so she put her skates on. Stood up. Tried to go forwards. Fell over, smacked her arm against the table and broke the bone.

Weird, huh?
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

The first time I bropke my arm, all I was doing was jumping - how bad is that?!? I was jumping, it was wet, I slipped on a bit of wet wood that was at the edge of where I was jumping (was jumping off this raised bit of garden to grab a metal pole, just a way me and friend were wasting time) and instead of getting airborne when I jumped, I went down, tried to brake my fall and broke my arm instead.

The second time was rollerblading, I attempting going down a vert ramp for the first time (i'm not much of a rollerblader) and almsot got it right, but the way I needed to angle my body wasn't what I naturally wanted to do, so I tried to stand up straight which caused my feet to roll out in front of me and down I went, hard on my spine and hands. I actually didn't brake my arm the second time, it was a bone in my hand, one of the metacarsals (or metatarsals, whicever ones are in your hand) The doctor said I had a 1 in 4000 chance of braking that particular bone - lucky me huh? They were worried about nerve damage and such and warned I might not be able to use that hand properly anymore - which bothered me because it was my left and I am left handed. But in the end it was all ok. My hand works fine, just in case you cared.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

CC, or should I say, Jake, that looked like it hurt! How long were you laid up?

User Info Menu

haha that wasnt me i was joking, but that guy was on the x games and he got up and just walked away from it like 5 minutes later, a true warrior, really had god on his side that day

User Info Menu

I got hit in the head with a chunk of concrete once. I didn't get admitted, but I had to get checked out at the hospital. Still have perfect vision though.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

I had a window smashed over my head, Nearly broke my ankle. Had huuuuge moles taken outa my back. oh had bits of teeth removed through my lip. Oh and my wisdom teeth! :>

I think thats it. Not bad for 20 years of life tho! :P
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

I had my spleen removed that is the only hospital stay I remember, I had my tonsils out as a kid.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Totally Off Topic: Hospital

in 2nd grade my family was driving home from VT in the winter at night, we ran over black ice and crashed into another car, luckily no one was hurt, but me and my sister had to go to the ER. in 6th grade, i was playing hide and go seek with my cousins. i hid in the upstairs of my uncles shed, someone was coming, i couldn't find a place to hide, i din't know that what i ran on was innsolation untill i ran on it, but i fell right though the shed. went to the ER. luckily i was not hurt.

User Info Menu

Long story short, I went to the hospitol, cause when I was little I stupidly and purposely put my finger in the chain of a bike. Part of the tip of my left pointer finger was cut off. Really stupid thing, but I was little!
    “The doctor listens in with a stethoscope and hears sounds of a warpath Indian drum.”

User Info Menu

Tonsils, broke 3 different fingers, broke wrist, broke leg, bad stomach virus, and the best one; in 5th grade I was ice skating with my class and fell over a kid and my face hit the ground. I broke my lip open and had to get many stitches there. The doctor who treated me didn't sterilize the needle so I had to go back more than once because of infection. I now have a permanent scar on my lower lip.

User Info Menu

Only time I ever stayed over night in the hospital was when my finger was crushed in machine at work...12 years old at the time. The top half had to be amputated. I was last in a hospital about 5 or 6 years ago for Kidney Stones...have had 4 attacks of that in last 30 plus years...not fun, let me tell you!!

User Info Menu

I have never been in the hospital for a minute for myself other than birth. Knock on wood! I have never broken a bone, I have had six stitches my whole life and that is it. I have just been really blessed that I have had no real problems that way. I rode moto cross motorcycles a lot when I was young and have water skied my whole life in the summer and snow ski in the winter. I have taken some really bad spills on all the before mentioned activities. I just have never hurt myself bad enough to require hospitalization.