Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best China

User Info Menu

Default Re: Best China

For me, the best china is my 16" Sabian Prototype china. It has a nice, trashy sound, a decent sustain, a nice attack, and volume to boot. (I just barely graze it, relatively speaking, and my quiet-loving relatives start complaining! )
    "It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

Have drums, will travel.

WARNING: Practical joke-playing drummer ahead!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Squeakthedrummer View Post
    For me, the best china is my 16" Sabian Prototype china. It has a nice, trashy sound, a decent sustain, a nice attack, and volume to boot. (I just barely graze it, relatively speaking, and my quiet-loving relatives start complaining! )
    Do you know what Sabian series it would have been in, or something it sounds similar to?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pcs90 View Post
    Do you know what Sabian series it would have been in, or something it sounds similar to?
    I'm thinking the AAX line judging by the sound.
    "It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

Have drums, will travel.

WARNING: Practical joke-playing drummer ahead!

User Info Menu

I just bought a 12" Holy China Kang Prototype. Waiting on it to come Monday so I can see how it sounds.
    I think Sabian done well with the AAX Line of China's.I don't have any,but have heard several and can't say I have heard a bad one yet. I like the higher end HH and HHX ones for a darker tone. I'll post again after I get a chance to use the new 12" Holy china
    8pc Tama Superstar Classic Maple
    Sabian and Zildjian Cymbals

User Info Menu

Wuhan hand makes their chinas... well in china so if you want an authehic china buy wuhan... but their 18" its the best...also its cheap but if money not a problem go with a zildjian 16", 18", or 20" FX Oriental china "trash". but also a good china is the paiste chinas are all great