Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help downloading songs from youtube

User Info Menu

Default Help downloading songs from youtube

Question: Can I download songs to windows media from youtube? I am just wondering if anyone can help me with this.

Keep drumming

Gregg

User Info Menu

Default Re: Help downloading songs from youtube

Check out MP3 Rocket. It mirrors and converts YouTube videos into mp3's. I think you can download the mp3 converter as well. Then get Winamp. It's better than quirky windows media player IMO.
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy60 View Post
    Question: Can I download songs to windows media from youtube? I am just wondering if anyone can help me with this.

Keep drumming

Gregg
    I would help you out but I consider that theft. Support the bands you like and buy their music. $.99 to $1.29 a song is not a lot to pay.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    I would help you out but I consider that theft. Support the bands you like and buy their music. $.99 to $1.29 a song is not a lot to pay.
    What a reply.!

You really have all the charm and personality of a traffic warden.

Ever thought of joining the Nazi youth.?

Anyway back on planet earth...

Evening Gregg old bean ..Have you tried Keepvid..easy to use and will download all the stuff from Youtube you could ever want.I don`t use WM but prefer VLC player instead.

User Info Menu

I definitely agree with you, but to a certain extent. If you do take songs off of youtube, find a way to make up for it, like seeing them ( the band) live, or buying a t shirt. I personall use youtube to mp3. BTW, sorry for turning this into a music piracy debate.
    6 Piece Pearl Masters Custom Extra Maple
    14x5.5 Snare
    10x8 Tom
    12x9 Tom
    14x12 Floor Tom
    15x13 Floor Tom
    22x16 Bass Drum

Miscellaneous Hardware
    14 inch Zildjian Quick Beats
    16 inch Istanbul Xist Crash
    20 inch Meinl HCS ride.

User Info Menu

So you probably think that YouTube should be barred as well, right? No sharing allowed? It's a free sharing anything site. If it was such a big deal to the artists and record companies, then it wouldn't be allowed and there would be zero music related sharing. If I was an artist, I would welcome the opportunity for my work being shared in as many mediums as possible. If your famous to whatever degree, chances are your already rich comparable to your level of notoriety. When is enough enough? If your just starting out, you welcome the exposure. If your Lars Ulrich, your just being a ****. If it was that frowned upon, it wouldn't be readily available.
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    19" Paragon China
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wolvie56 View Post
    So you probably think that YouTube should be barred as well, right? No sharing allowed? It's a free sharing anything site. If it was such a big deal to the artists and record companies, then it wouldn't be allowed and there would be zero music related sharing. If I was an artist, I would welcome the opportunity for my work being shared in as many mediums as possible. If your famous to whatever degree, chances are your already rich comparable to your level of notoriety. When is enough enough? If your just starting out, you welcome the exposure. If your Lars Ulrich, your just being a ****. If it was that frowned upon, it wouldn't be readily available.
    i don't think you understand how youtube works... when an artist posts a video, they get paid for every time someone watches an advertisement prior to that video. Also, if they are a small band and you like them, why not buy their track and support them? Or just simply watch the video on youtube.

with that said, keepvid is a great site.

also, that age old, "iif you're rich you don't need money" thing is just silly.
    Too Much Stuff.

User Info Menu

If it's such a terrible thing to download content from YouTube, then why does YT have their own YTD Video Downloader?

Drummerboy, just Google YouTube Video Downloader. There are many others as well. Real Player offers a nice one too.
    "it is what it is"

"Dont rent anything you cant afford to burn in the backyard while drunk." - ThePloughman

User Info Menu

You are asking for help in theft. Please think about what you are doing.
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Yes it's possible to download videos off youtube, with a youtube video downloader. Easy enough to find, but seems to stop functioning after a short while. I won't advise you to take copywritten material, it's at your own discretion here. However, there is something called the fair use agreement which entitles people to use media for recreational and observational purposes as long as they don't try to profit or gain from it in any way they shouldn't.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Yes it's possible to download videos off youtube, with a youtube video downloader. Easy enough to find, but seems to stop functioning after a short while. I won't advise you to take copywritten material, it's at your own discretion here. However, there is something called the fair use agreement which entitles people to use media for recreational and observational purposes as long as they don't try to profit or gain from it in any way they shouldn't.
    this.

as far as stealling, whatever, these bands/artists still make there money via youtube partenership or whatever they call it. Plus when you use services like spotify and things like that, there still getting paid. if it was that big of a deal then software allowing you to download the mp3 wouldn't even be available, at least not as easy as they have been.

theres one you can download from google play on to your phone that i used to have, but i can't remember the name off the top of my head. but if you google it you can find them.
    DW Remo Vic Firth Zidljian

User Info Menu

I try to avoid the commercials and all the pop ups that appear in front of most of the videos on YouTube. When I've had enough I just close it and walk away. We are so obsessed with advertising everywhere these days...I love my DVR and mouse.

User Info Menu

I tend to agree with him. Your remark was way out of line.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    you really have all the charm and personality of a traffic warden.

Ever thought of joining the nazi youth.?

+1
    Tamaholic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    you really have all the charm and personality of a traffic warden.

Ever thought of joining the nazi youth.?

+2
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post

This. I like to see how far, and how many complain about piracy before coming back with this statement. Someone did it for me this time. The media is there for the purpose of enjoyment. 2 more words. Adblock Plus. No more advertisements.
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    19" Paragon China
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

Default Re: Clearing the air on downloading songs on youtube

Hi everyone, I'm not trying to take anyone songs or copy them. Here is what I would like to do. There is some drumless songs that I would like to do a drum cover on them. I don't want to steal anyone songs. Only interested in just the drumless songs. I can't really find them in the stores if I could I would go and buy them. I only found them on youtube and would like to do a drum cover on them. Well I hope that clears the air because I would like to try to make some extra money it would sure help me a lot.

Keep drumming

Gregg

User Info Menu

I just saw that you are from Moore, OK. Were you in the area that was hit by the tornado?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wolvie56 View Post
    I have no issue with going to youtube and watching or listening to bands music. I do it all the time. Then I go to iTunes and BUY that bands music. What I frown upon is taking that music and illegally converting it to an MP3 , then downloading (Stealing) it. Support band's don't rip them off.

Also I may be a bit over sensitive about this because a lot of the bands I listen to are Progressive Metal bands that have small but loyal followings and sometimes struggle just to get a new album recorded or a tour going. I enjoy listening to music even more than playing it so I support all the bands I like as often as possible. Here's an example. A great band- Jeff Loomis ex Nevermore guitarist. Their van was recently broken into and a bunch of equipment was stolen. Jeff came on FB and posted asking for donations just so they could finish off the tour. The loyal fans stepped up and sent what they could. I made a donation and they aren't even playing anywhere near me so I won't be seeing them, but I love the music the make and respect what they do. These bands are full of great musicians and they struggle just to keep it going.

For me listening to music is as important as breathing air , I listen at least 6 hours a day while at work , most times for the full 8 to 10 hours. So when someone wants to take that music for free, yeah, it pisses me off.
    Last edited by NPYYZ; 05-22-2013 at 07:02 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced for lean View Post
    What a reply.!

Do the letters F.O. mean anything to you?

User Info Menu

Do the letters F.O. mean anything to you?
    Yea, its something you and your misguided opinion should do.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by groovearteest View Post
    Yea, its something you and your misguided opinion should do.
    The great Alex Lifeson recently said: Bla bla bla bla bla blaaa blabla bla bla
    bla bla bla blablabla bla bla bla bla bla bla blaaaaaaaaaaa.

User Info Menu

The great Alex Lifeson recently said: Bla bla bla bla bla blaaa blabla bla bla
    bla bla bla blablabla bla bla bla bla bla bla blaaaaaaaaaaa.
    Very good you know how to use the word bla bla.

User Info Menu

Come on now settle down, let's keep this civil. I can perfectly understand both sides of the argument. In my personal opinion, if you do take songs off of youtube, please find a way to support the artist(s) in a different way. There have been some comments here that many consider offensive, and let's try to keep this happy and friendly, as this forum generally is. ( Sorry to sound pretentious)
    6 Piece Pearl Masters Custom Extra Maple
    14x5.5 Snare
    10x8 Tom
    12x9 Tom
    14x12 Floor Tom
    15x13 Floor Tom
    22x16 Bass Drum

Miscellaneous Hardware
    14 inch Zildjian Quick Beats
    16 inch Istanbul Xist Crash
    20 inch Meinl HCS ride.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Clearing the air on downloading songs on youtube

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy60 View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm not trying to take anyone songs or copy them. Here is what I would like to do. There is some drumless songs that I would like to do a drum cover on them. I don't want to steal anyone songs. Only interested in just the drumless songs. I can't really find them in the stores if I could I would go and buy them. I only found them on youtube and would like to do a drum cover on them. Well I hope that clears the air because I would like to try to make some extra money it would sure help me a lot.

Keep drumming

Gregg
    how will you make money playing drums to drumless songs ? just wondering..
    Tamaholic