Thread: Why? How!?

User Info Menu

Default Why? How!?

I would just like to inform you guys, if my posts dont feel like their myself, or ive lacked posting in a while, i figured you guys would be some of the best to tell this too

Last night, my grandpa died, i dont know exactly the reason, but i know how it happened

He was found in the bathroom earlier in the week, he had hit his head because he passed out, and it caused a clot in his brain, he was rushed to the hospital and surgery was preformed, he drained was stabled out and brung out of ICU, then yesterday, he got an infection of some sort, he got a high tempature (it was 100.7 last recored, but the nurses were talkign about packing him in ice, so it must of been higher, maybe 104) and all his organs began shutting down, then he flat lined for 15 minutes, and was brung back, but the damage was done, his lack of oxygen shut down his liver, and kidneys

Hes gone through so much, 2 strokes, a heart attack, open heart surgery, and he was a life long diabetic

So this is just my thread

Rest in peace

William Marquez
    Poppa
    Loving husband, father, grandpa, but most of all friend

User Info Menu

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family, ch33zz. I wish you the best and hope that you hold all the fond memories close to your heart. My most sincere condolences.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Default Why? How!?

ch33zz...so sorry to hear about your loss...you're in our thoughts and prayers...

and remember there will always be a part of your grandfather in you, as long as you live...you're "keeping the beat going" in a different way, bro'...

User Info Menu

Ch33zz, you have my condolences, and my prayers for you and your family. I know that when are loved ones go on to be with God, we don't grieve for what has happened to them, but we do grieve because we miss them. You will continue to be in my prayers.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

You have my dearest condolences and I am sad to hear of your loss. As BBro said though, he will always be alive in you in a sense, always remember the good times and memories. I wish you and your family all the best and I hope you guys are able to cope with this sort of loss, as I am sure it seems kinda sudden and out of nowhere. Obviously though your grandfather was a fighter, and fought for every last breath he took, so remember the time you had with him, because he obviously wanted that more than anything.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Thanks guys, it kinda just hit me, my mom wakes me up this morning and tells me at 6:15, Im the kinda person who it will explode on later, like now, ive had a lump in my throat since like 6, but i was fine today, im just, bummed, later though (chances are tommorow or friday) ill just cave in, and break down

They asked me if i wanted a little urn with some of his ashes to wear around my neck, in a way i want it, but in another way, i would rather have him rest all in once, i know hell be with me, i dont need his ashes to proove that to me, but in another way, i want those ashes to know that i still have him in a sense

Its just kinda hard, this was the man who when me and my cousins were kids, would take us to mcdonalds at 10 o clock when we wouild spend the night, get the manager to open up the play place to us, and would play hide and seek

Last week he was going down a skateboard ramp to get my cousin to, of course, he fell, but that shows how he was, he was up for anything, anytime

User Info Menu

sounds like a very good man, a great grandfather.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Ch33zz, I understand how you felt about your grandfather, because I had a grandmother like that. Taught us how to ride a pogo stick by demonstrating it - at 71! Three years later, when skateboards first hit the scene - little boards with metal wheels - grandmother thought it looked so cool, she had to try it - at 74!

People like that are just special, aren't they!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

You have my condolences ch33zz, I lost my grandfather when I was very young, I know the feeling.
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

It's hard to lose a friend. Hang tough Ch33zz. We're here for you man.

User Info Menu

Dude thats hard. My thorts are with you man :(
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Words fail me, other than I'm terribly sorry to hear that, Ch33zz.

User Info Menu

I know how you feel. My grandmother died at easter. It was almost a relief knowing she wasnt going to suffer anymore. She had been deterioration sice chistmas. She was losing weight and had trouble breathing when she was up. When she died the doctors STILL didn't know what was causing it.

Sorry to hijack your thread. My condolances.

User Info Menu

Oh I'm so so sorry Ch33zz, my prayers go out to you and your family....... I lost my dad not too long ago, it's sad when you lose someone you loved so much........

User Info Menu

Cool Why? How!?

Quote Originally Posted by Ch33zz View Post
    ...Im the kinda person who it will explode on later, like now, ive had a lump in my throat since like 6, but i was fine today, im just, bummed, later though (chances are tommorow or friday) ill just cave in, and break down...
    Don't worry about that. If you're like most people, it's going to be tough to let go of someone you love.

It's perfectly normal...I'm no psychiatrist, and I don't even play one on the radio, but I have heard there are five stages of loss...Denial (like "Oh, my God, you're kidding!"); Anger (as in "Why? How!?"); Bargaining ("I'll do (fill in the blank) if you'd just (fill in the blank)!")...Grief (no need to explain that one); and Acceptance ("Okay, Poppa, you're gone; I'll miss you, but you're at peace and I'll see you in heaven.")

When--it's not IF, it's WHEN you break down, know that it's part of the grieving process...but also know you've got your family and friends (both in person and on-line) who are here for you.

...and you aren't alone...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Ch33zz:
    I have three items hanging from a gold chain on my neck. One is a Christ's head to remind me that He died for all of us. The second is a Maltese Cross with St. Florian, the patron saint of firefighters, to protect me when I enter a burning building to save someone's life or property and to return me safely to my family. The third is the serenity prayer, which goes like this:

God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.

Your Granddad is in a far, far better place now. As BB said, the feelings you have are not for where he is because he's where we all want to be someday, in Heaven/Paradise with our Father enjoying the fruits of his efforts here on earth. The feelings you have are for your loss. Know that you are in my prayers. Take it one day at a time my friend and enjoy the memories of your granddad as I do of mine, whom I lost 30 years ago and can vividly remember many of the good times with him to this day.

Stix
    Encouragement = Fertilizer for the seed of desire
    & the flower of accomplishment.

Sonor S-Class -Ash

22 Bass, 8, 10, 12, 14 Rack, 16 Floor
    14X5 D454 Chrome Snare
    21 Zildjian Ride, 21 Zilco Crash Ride, 15 Sabian AAX Dark Crash
    14 Sabian XS20 Medium Crash, 13 Sabian El Sabor Splash, 13 Zildjian A Custom Hats
    10 Paiste Twenty Splash, 10 Zildjian A Splash, 6 Zildjian Zilbel
    Tama Iron Cobra 2X Pedal & Hatstand, Pearl Icon Rack

www.myspace.com/stix51861

User Info Menu

Death is just the next level of existence. I hope your grandfather embraces it well. I'm sorry for your loss.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy