Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here Ya Go!!!!

User Info Menu

Talking Here Ya Go!!!!

All right my friends here at DrumChat, you all will be the first to not only HEAR the recordings of Bottom Drawer but you will also SEE the "all-new" (beta test) website for the newest and hottest Classic Rock & Country band in Southeastern New England!

Feast your eyes and ears on this:

http://www.bottomdrawerband.com

My wife designed the website (with a little help from her friend ). All of the songs (4 right now, we're waiting for post prod on the 5th) you hear on the site are us from our recent recording session. There's a new song that will auto-load on each page (some are duplicate cuz there's six pages and right now, only four songs).

She's going to use that, plus the Press Kit she's putting together to sell us into the local clubs, fairs and other events that we might fit as the entertainment. Let me know what you all think!!

Stix
    Encouragement = Fertilizer for the seed of desire
    & the flower of accomplishment.

Sonor S-Class -Ash

22 Bass, 8, 10, 12, 14 Rack, 16 Floor
    14X5 D454 Chrome Snare
    21 Zildjian Ride, 21 Zilco Crash Ride, 15 Sabian AAX Dark Crash
    14 Sabian XS20 Medium Crash, 13 Sabian El Sabor Splash, 13 Zildjian A Custom Hats
    10 Paiste Twenty Splash, 10 Zildjian A Splash, 6 Zildjian Zilbel
    Tama Iron Cobra 2X Pedal & Hatstand, Pearl Icon Rack

www.myspace.com/stix51861

User Info Menu

Sorry, Stix518, but I had problems with a plug-in. Couldn't hear your website. Bummer, too, because I was really looking forward to it! Sounds like things are moving along real well for you! Congrats!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Geez, 24 hours, 21 views and only one reply - and PB didn't even get to hear the stuff. Guess it really ain't as good as I thought it was . Oh well, my wife likes it.

Stix

Sonor S-Class -Ash

14X5 D454 Chrome Snare
    14 Sabian XS20 Medium Crash, 13 Sabian El Sabor Splash, 13 Zildjian A Custom Hats

User Info Menu

Nice site. The recordings all sounded great.

Keep on rockin'.

User Info Menu

Hey Stix518, don't be discouraged by the lack of response so far. I've noticed a lot of people breezing in and out in the past few days. I've had to do a bit of that myself, so I'm sure when it changes, you'll get a lot more responses.

You are way too respected around here for me to believe that people wouldn't respond. I am, personally, mucho excited for you!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

sorry styx, i cant hear anything on the site. thats too bad too, i'm real interested as i can tell we play in similar type bands. i'm also in a cover/bar band that does really well in my area. i looked at your setlist and it looks ALOT like ours.

User Info Menu

I hear it .... "Get Ready, cause here I come...". Sounds good.
    I think the song should be a little faster though (IMO).

The website looks a bit amateurish. Sorry for my brutal honesty but if you're pitching anything commercial, I think it ought to be as professional looking as you can get it. Of course, that often involves more expense too.

Either way, the band sounds great and the best of luck to you! It's cool to see another mug of a fellow drum chatter!

You run your own insurance agency and a fire fighter too? Damn!

User Info Menu

THAT'S more like it! I knew I could count on my brothers (and sisters) here for their honest opinions. Yes, the site is a bit amateurish - no "flash" etc. But we're definately low budget. We'll have all the bells and whistles as soon as we make a buck or two doing this. If you've got Windows Media, the songs should self-load - I also got a comment from elsewhere that we should change the typeface cuz on some computers, if the typeface isn't preloaded, the site doesn't load correctly and defaults to a "common" typeface throwing all of the stuff (alignment, spacing, etc.) off. Haven't witnessed it but I'll have to talk to the wife/webmaster about that! Thanks guys, I appreciate your input.

Yes, Drummer, the Insurance agency pays the bills (and buys the gear), the volunteer firefighting (and MRT - Medical Response Technician/First Responder) gives back to the (my) community, and the band keeps me sane! With three kids I need something to beat on!

Thanks, PB, appreciate the vote of confidence and encouragement from you. I'm actually pretty proud of this band as we've only been together about 1.5 months - we've already got a pretty extensive set list, have been in the studio, have performed for and have scheduled a few paying gigs. I look at that as a pretty decent accomplishment seeing as I just got my set and started to re-play the drums back in July after a 1 to 2 year layoff.

BTW - per my first post, there's four songs and six pages - all in auto-load. If you check out each page, a different song will play (although 2 of them are redundant). The songs are "Get Ready" Rare Earth, "Lights", Journey, "Settlin", Sugarland, and "Give Me 3 Steps" Lynard Skynard. The 5th song, "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" Pat Benatar, we did in one take, thought it was good in the studio and actually, in post prod., had some issues. So, 4 is what we got.

Stix
    Last edited by Stix518; 08-31-2007 at 08:12 PM.

Sonor S-Class -Ash

14X5 D454 Chrome Snare

User Info Menu

Alright!! I heard the songs tonight! Man, your lead vocalist, Sarah Clark, has a great voice! That drummer's no slacker either!! Noticed that you managed to get the Sonor drum thing in there, Deano!

Good song list. Too bad you're not closer to me, I'd really like to hear you guys live.

BTW, the only thing that didn't load well was the banner on the home page. Other wise everything looked good.
    Last edited by pastor_bob; 08-31-2007 at 10:12 PM.

User Info Menu

PB, Sarah has a truly beautiful voice. This past Wednesday, we tried a few new songs and one of them was "People Get Ready" (covered by many - we do the Eva Cassidy version). My wife was here and actually got goose bumps and started to cry. Powerful, powerful voice. Sorta brought a tear to my eye too, I hate to admit. Sarah has an incredible amount of potential and she's only 21 years old. And yeah, I guess the drummer has his moments - for an old fart.

Stix

Sonor S-Class -Ash

14X5 D454 Chrome Snare

User Info Menu

I agree with drummer one the website...I've been doing web design for a while so i kinda know whats good and what isn't quite. and the songs kept cutting in and out, being stopped abruptly.
    "Music is always an experiment."

User Info Menu

I think is very cool, you guys sound great as well, nice job.

User Info Menu

Thanks, PD, I appreciate your input, comments and encouragement. It means a lot!

Stix

Sonor S-Class -Ash

14X5 D454 Chrome Snare

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stix518 View Post
    Thanks, PD, I appreciate your input, comments and encouragement. It means a lot!

Stix
    Anytime

User Info Menu

sounds good man, the drums really blend, it all works! good work bro

User Info Menu

Nice one mate! the band grooves together. PB, your shout first for the beers when we go see bottomdraw live at the local!

User Info Menu

LW, I just might have to do that.

User Info Menu

i like the bios bit and how you have a full song list. but it does look like an amature site. i showed it to my da who has a phd in e commerce and gets paid 400 an hour to desing pages, hear are the changes he told me to rcomend. on the front page give a discription of who you are and what you do, more so than your names, your band name, and your style. things like what you hope to do, how long youve been together and what to do to book you for a gig. on the bottom of the candid photos page you have the start of a windows media player bar remove it, but give the opiton to change songs. he says anymore than that cost me two hunderd dollors so that all i have about your web page. but i love your sound. you guys wail man
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

Good job on the website. I heard the music with no problems.

I am not much for female vocals(excepting greats like janis joplin.loretta lynn),
    anyways Sarah has a great voice. Good choice of songs for openning the website.

Your drums (as well as the whole band) sounded pretty good. If you were local, you would be a band that I would want to go out and hear.

BUT, I was amused at "Gimme Three Steps". You guys did a great job, but I have never heard Skynyrd sang with proper pronunciation "Hair colored yellow"

Im ust ta hearin somethun more like "hair colr'd yella"

Again, though good job on the webpage and you guys sound great.

User Info Menu

Default nice job

sound is good

but where we reply on the site

anyway continue the good work

Riouel

User Info Menu

Hey guys!
    Sorry I've been away for a bit... work, family, gigs... you know the drill. Thanks for all the great comments and the votes of encouragement, I really appreciate it!!! Regarding the website, yeah, we know it's kinda bush league but it's all a question of $$$ and my wife (who admits to being electronically blonde) built it for $0.00 using the BlueVoda website builder site. We're looking at purchasing a template with flash and all the bells and whistles but, as of now, I've got over $450.00 invested in this band out of my own pocket (the website hosting/name registration plus the recording expenses - paid by me cuz the bands playing 3 private party gigs for my family so I took it on the chin ). Saturday, we played at a local equestrian center for a regional show and we absolutely killed them!!! Awesome gig! The manager of the facility is negotiating with our manager for 8 dates for next year - all his big shows. On Sunday the 16th, we're playing at southeastern CT's biggest classic and custom car show held at Dodd Stadium (home of the CT Defenders baseball team). Expected attendance is over 2,000 people! Can't wait! Thanks again for all the encouragement.

Stix

Sonor S-Class -Ash

14X5 D454 Chrome Snare

User Info Menu

It's good to hear that things are going so well for you Stix518, even if you do have to play on a Sonor kit!

User Info Menu

sweet action styx. i hope you kill the 2000 even deader man.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

Well, maybe not kill them. After all, you'd like them to come out to another show, right?

User Info Menu

Default Sounds good!!!

I love your play list. It's nice to see the varity of ages in the group (let the young guys move the heavy stuff). Rock on !!
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!