Thread: Some Blues For Ya!

User Info Menu

Default Some Blues For Ya!

I got new overhead mics(Audix F15) and this is more of a test, please tell me what you think. Otherwise I hope you like it! And hey no socks with my sandles lol!

http://youtu.be/WagHexxzj3Q
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

User Info Menu

Default Re: Some Blues For Ya!

How does this have no comments? Great playing bro, kit sounds great and an awesome tune! I think the reverb is a touch heavy but other than that the mix sounds great. Love that Bonham like bass drum you have going.

Subscribed!
    Mapex Saturn Red Sparkle 10, 12, 14, 22
    Mapex Black Panther Steel Snare 14 x 6,

Mapex Armory Photon Blue 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    Tomahawk 14x5.5 Snare

Meinl 20" Dark Raw Bell Ride, 20" Traditional Extra Thin Hand Hammered Crash, 18" Sand Thin Crash, 14" Byzance Dark Hats

Samsun 22" Design series Ride, 13" Design Series Hats, 16" FX Loop Effects Crash + 12" Raw Earth Splash (stacker)

Tama Speed Cobra (single pedal), Tama Iron Cobra (double pedal)

User Info Menu

Thx man!

Larrysperf Guest

Nice

User Info Menu

Kevin, what kind of mic / effects are you using on the snare?..........I love the sound.

User Info Menu

Very nice, That is a groovy tune. I like the hi hat work with left hand combined with the ride work with RH. That added a nice flavor to my ears. I also am impressed with all the left leg movement and the hats staying closed. I do that alot as well and sooner or later when I start really getting into a groove they open on me when I dont want them too and throw me off a smudge but I'm getting there.

BTW how many ply's are those DW heads? The FT sounds really nice IMO.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    Kevin, what kind of mic / effects are you using on the snare?..........I love the sound.
    the mic is the Shure SM57. The only effect I am using is a bit of reverb. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by machinedrumkelly View Post
    Very nice, That is a groovy tune. I like the hi hat work with left hand combined with the ride work with RH. That added a nice flavor to my ears. I also am impressed with all the left leg movement and the hats staying closed. I do that alot as well and sooner or later when I start really getting into a groove they open on me when I dont want them too and throw me off a smudge but I'm getting there.

BTW how many ply's are those DW heads? The FT sounds really nice IMO.
    thank you! The heads are all single ply.

User Info Menu

The overall mix is well. They cymbals "may" be a bit on the high end, but just a little bit. Sounds good.
    Proud Yamaha Player

The line between the real world and the machine world is becoming more and more blurred every day.But its not that humans are turning into automations or becoming slaves to the machines.No, we're simply growing toward each other!