Thread: I never really said

User Info Menu

Default I never really said

Something i never really said about myself before. Im trained in percussion not on kits alone. At school we learnt everything for the concert band. Im possibly a timpianist (I think thats spelt right) Over a drummer.

Thought i never really liked pitch percussion. The timps were fun. I use to abreviate the music and not play all the notes so i didnt have to tune the drums by ear (The slide tuners were broken) Although the teacher expected me to do it with perfect pitch which i prolly had but not the guts to use.

Also played bass drum and field snare a couple of times in anzac day marches :>

A lil bit about me anyway :>
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Cool, Stevo. Thanks for sharing!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Cool I never really said

Hey, stevo, good on ya!

Am I correct that ANZAC Day is the same as Memorial Day in the States--that is, honoring the military?
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Its honouring the australian and new zeland army corps. As much as we do it and get into it. I dont think anyone really truely understands it.

april 25th from memory???
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

My dad is a bit of an expert on the 1st world war and knows a LOT about the battle of Galipoli. I think that was the battle witt the largest ANZAC casualties. One of the biggest allied disaters of the whole war.
    Last edited by vinnysimmo; 09-19-2007 at 09:53 AM.