Thread: My New Set-Up!

User Info Menu

Default My New Set-Up!

I've decided to go along with the trend and change my set-up to a four piece. Immediately I found out that this meant I could place most of cymbals where they had been for some almost unknown reasons. I've changed my ride position to make it where my 12" tom used to be and I put my 16" crash closer to me because I took away the 8" tom.

The Cymbals: Left to Right; 15" Crash, 16" Crash, 10" Splash, 20" Ride. All ZHT. 15" and 10" are normal, the others are 'Rock' cymbals. Almost forgot: 14" Rock ZHT Hi-Hats.

The Drums: 12"x9" (Rack Tom), 16"x14" (Floor Tom), 22"x18" (Bass Drum), 14"x5" (Snare Drum).

I'm also thinking of buying a new snare drum, and maybe using my 14" Floor tom as well because I feel a little...naked shall we say without a 5pc.
    Last edited by Roger; 09-01-2007 at 12:24 AM.

User Info Menu

Nice set-up, Roger! Does that mean that you're getting rid of your 8" tom, or are you keeping it for times when you might use a 5 piece set-up? Just curious how you're thinking of it.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I'm keeping everyone of my drums. And to be honest though if I lost my 8" tom I wouldn't really miss it, I don't use it much. However loosing my 14" or 10" I would be devastated, and I'm probably going to change to a 5pc (1up, 2down) with my 14" tom just leaving my 10" out.

User Info Menu

Interesting.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Like the Bonham setup, nice. Personally, I like having my range of drums all laid out infront of me so that I can turn and play it all without contorting lol.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

I like it... And i think another floor tom would be better.

But i would prefer all my drums set up :> I can understand you not likeing some of your drums maybe you dont have their sounds right yet (Sounds can take years to get) But i like the options. And using them.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

I've officially decided to use both my 14x12 and 16x14 Floor toms.

User Info Menu

what kind of kit do you have?

User Info Menu

I just put mine back to a four piece as well, it just feels so good, my cymbals set-up so much nicer, and it is just funner to play, here is my latest pic of my current set-up.

User Info Menu

i like how your drum set is so tight, it looks good man

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin View Post
    i like how your drum set is so tight, it looks good man
    If you are referring to mine, thank you.

User Info Menu

yep i was, and no prob

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin View Post
    yep i was, and no prob
    Well then for sure thank you lol

User Info Menu

personaly i dig the five peace set ups better, with mine i feel more like the kits is part of me with the five peace and like im just playing it on a four. but thats just what i like.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerdavie View Post
    personaly i dig the five peace set ups better, with mine i feel more like the kits is part of me with the five peace and like im just playing it on a four. but thats just what i like.
    Cool man

User Info Menu

hey pdplayer have you ever had a problem with the 10 inch tom on the pdps? mine was ringing for the longest time untill i finaly just had to swap the heads. any sugjestions if that stops working?

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerdavie View Post
    hey pdplayer have you ever had a problem with the 10 inch tom on the pdps? mine was ringing for the longest time untill i finaly just had to swap the heads. any sugjestions if that stops working?
    No man sorry I haven't had that issue, I would start by checking the bearing edges, also check for roundness, also check and make sure on your tuning, that every lug is tune matched, if those are ok, then maybe the tom, just wants a different style of head, sorry I couldn't be more help.

User Info Menu

oh no its cool you were actualy more help than i expected. ive heard about it happening with the f.a.s.t. tom sizes and thats what i have so it could be a design flaw but i should probably replace both heads before i go as far as replaceing them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by roachmon View Post
    what kind of kit do you have?
    PDP X7 Series in "Silver to Black Sparkle Fade".

http://pacificdrums.com/x7/x7.htm

Also I've found a snare drum that I think I might like, for most of the time I've been a drummer I've liked metal snare, deep snares and I've always loved black hardware. I've tried the Joey Jordison Snare drum at my local drum store and I've decided to buy that when i can get the money together.

EDIT: And I've always liked 12" and 13" snares more than 14" ones, just thought I'd add that. My dream Snare: 12x8 Metal Snare Drum.
    Last edited by Roger; 09-04-2007 at 08:12 AM.

User Info Menu

I really like playin a good 10 piece from time to time lol
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy