Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: for a nice comfy throne

User Info Menu

Default for a nice comfy throne

what would you recommend?

User Info Menu

I just but a squishy Roc n' Soc cover for my round throne.
    It makes my bum feel nice as I play
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

cool, i was thinking one of those myself

User Info Menu

i've had my roc n soc for about 3 years and it has been real nice. however it is wearing a little thin these days. a friend has a pork pie big pig that he got from ebay that is pretty cushy.

User Info Menu

okay, question for the rock n soc, do you have to buy the spindal and the seat seperate, or can you buy one simple package? can someone send me a link, i dont want all that fancy gas controlled hydrolics or motion thrones, i just want a standered rock n' soc with the spindal, becuase i hear it can go lower and high then most others.

User Info Menu

Cool for a nice comfy throne

Next throne I get will be a biker seat...a little more support and easier to raise and lower than my current CB700...however, the Roc 'N Soc sounds like a good alternative.

...btw, funkster, good picture w/your sig...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

heres a whole bunch...i also have the oversized gibralter throne listed for 129.00 i do not like this one much because if it is not locked down it wobbles.
    http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/nav...m+throne&Nty=1

ps. thnx bongo bro. that came from a set of band photos awhile back. i really wanted to add all my aux perc. you would have really liked it with my conga/bongo set, perc. tray and pedal mounted djembe on there.

User Info Menu

i was lookin at somethin like this
    http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/pro..._sku=100281554
    but why so expensive?..:S

User Info Menu

pS-is that the one you have funk?

User Info Menu

no, i have the nitro hydraulic throne

User Info Menu

oh, but what i mean is, is it the same seat and everything? minus the hydraulics.

User Info Menu

i think so laf, but not positive.

User Info Menu

I recomend good posture. If you have that you dont have to pay silly money for something to sit on.

User Info Menu

true, if you want your back and stuff to feel good, but you also want something nice to sit on right?

User Info Menu

this is the one i have...

User Info Menu

Cool for a nice comfy throne...

Who says you don't learn something every day? This afternoon, our church was holding an "Italian Fest", complete with Italian-style foods and beverages, a wine tasting--and an accordion/keyboard player...

who was using a Pork Pie drummer's throne (believe it or not, I had never seen one in person until now!)--so now that I've seen one, I'll have to test-sit one...makes my CB-700 look like a park bench...or should I say feel like one...?

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

so did you take a sit on the pork pie?

User Info Menu

...nope.

Don't play accordion!

Charlie

User Info Menu

Ah, but would you like to?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

those pork pie big boys are nice.

User Info Menu

iv heard on some reveiws that they were a little over coushened.. is this possible? lol i would love to have super choshy seat

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin View Post
    iv heard on some reveiws that they were a little over coushened.. is this possible? lol i would love to have super choshy seat
    those reviews were made by little skinney bastards.

User Info Menu

hmm you could be right there funky

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin View Post
    Hey, Laf, ever hear the expression "you can never play drums too loud?"

Dude, you can never get an overcushioned throne! Especially if you're doin' some heavy-duty drummin'!

Charlie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    those reviews were made by little skinney bastards.
    hey i am a little skinney bastard and happen to like a cusie seat. it lets me sit higher and i fell like im floating on it
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound