Thread: Queensryche

User Info Menu

Default Queensryche

I took wife to see Geoff Tate and his new band calling it Queensryche still. They did the complete Operation Mindcrime album. One of my all time favourite albums too. Sass Jordan came out and sang the part of Mary, she has the greatest female voice on the planet. I managed to really enjoy the show, but was kind of irked with the drummer he hired. Simon Wright I think his name was? I hate to come across as an arrogant jerk here, but it teed me off that I am not gigging and this hack gets this gig, and he also did AC/DC and Dio?????? Seriously, this dude has 1st year student drum vocabulary to draw from, to say he is a meat and potatoes primitive player would be too kind. He was also winding up to smack the snare, but he did not hit a rimshot and very little sound came out. Dont they have drum lessons in Australia? Dude needs help, but hey he is getting premium gigs and I am not.
    click to see my kit re-veneer/finish
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...168#post379168

User Info Menu

Default Re: Queensryche

I though with all the drummers available he is not the best fit. I wonder who will get to use the name for good?
    Last edited by zarrdoss; 06-08-2013 at 01:28 PM.

User Info Menu

Geoff Tatertot's band is not Queensryche. He's a hasbeen a hole. Just check out you tube to see some of his recent a hole antic's. The guy was one of the best at one time, now he's lost it. his new album Frequency Unknown is trash, Just like the last several QR albums. I wouldn't wipe my *** with it. He drove a great band into the ground and they made the right move and canned his ***. Now he's making a mockery with his band of misfits trying to cover Qr's music and covering it poorly.

The real Queensryche with new frontman Todd La Torre is the real deal. Also has original members Michael Wilton , Scott Rockenfield , Eddie Jackson. The new QR album comes out of June 25th.

Here's a new track "Where dreams go to die" , Tate can suck it!

http://youtu.be/XGe-m6KMg_c
    Last edited by NPYYZ; 06-05-2013 at 06:57 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    Geoff Tatertot's band is not Queensryche. He's a hasbeen a hole. Just check out you tube to see some of his recent a hole antic's. The guy was one of the best at one time, now he's lost it.

The real Queensryche with new frontman Todd La Torre is the real deal. Also has original members Michael Wilton , Scott Rockenfield , Eddie Jackson. The new QR album comes out of June 25th.

Here's a new track "Where dreams go to die" , Tate can suck it!

http://youtu.be/XGe-m6KMg_c
    I kind of figured there was a nasty falling out, and he has quite the arrogant strut. I am thinking he maybe came out of the closet too, the keyboard guy had the Vilage People leather moustache guy look down pat. But for a whole band to bail on a singer as unique as him, he has a signature sounding voice, my first thought was the guy must be a knob to work with. But I did enjoy the whole band, but I had to work hard to block out the drummer.

User Info Menu

I know about Todd joining the other members and heard the song but I thought a the judge was going to rule on who could actually legally use the Queensryche name soon.

User Info Menu

I really enjoyed the EMPIRE CD for quite a while.
    But the more I heard it, the more it became cliche'...........mostly due to the vocalist...............it sounds so contrived.

Good band in decline.................
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

+1

[QUOTE=NPYYZ;544064]Geoff Tatertot's band is not Queensryche. He's a hasbeen a hole. Just check out you tube to see some of his recent a hole antic's. The guy was one of the best at one time, now he's lost it. his new album Frequency Unknown is trash, Just like the last several QR albums. I wouldn't wipe my *** with it. He drove a great band into the ground and they made the right move and canned his ***. Now he's making a mockery with his band of misfits trying to cover Qr's music and covering it poorly.

Proud Yamaha Player

The line between the real world and the machine world is becoming more and more blurred every day.But its not that humans are turning into automations or becoming slaves to the machines.No, we're simply growing toward each other!

User Info Menu

I like Operation Mindcrime a lot. Haven't heard much else of theirs.
    Matt

User Info Menu

It's kind of sad in a way to see Geoff Tate turning into such a d-bag. I've been a big QR fan for many years. What a shame.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zarrdoss View Post
    I know about Todd joining the other members and heard the song but I thought a the judge was going to rule on who could actually legally use the Queensryche name soon.
    In November.

User Info Menu

OK, so now my curiousity got me going. In the promo I thought it was Rudy Sarzo in the promo photo, well it was and drummer Bobby Blotzer (from Ratt?) was also there. so it did not take long for them to bail out. Rudy's brother was still on guitar, did not know it was while watching. I did listen to the new Queensryche track on their page, not bad, singer sounds competent. No doubt the original band can cut it out there with the best of them, wish them luck. And as much as I think having a gig with Geoff Tate's new band would be cool, I am also sure the novelty could wear off pretty quick. They are only out there riding on Geoff's past service history, they are not promoting a new album or reaching for any goal that will ultimately give them a big payday, and I am sure they read all the BS and must feel at least a little uncomfortable. I did enjoy seeing him perform regardless.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by signia fan View Post
    I took wife to see Geoff Tate and his new band calling it Queensryche still. They did the complete Operation Mindcrime album. One of my all time favourite albums too. Sass Jordan came out and sang the part of Mary, she has the greatest female voice on the planet. I managed to really enjoy the show, but was kind of irked with the drummer he hired. Simon Wright I think his name was? I hate to come across as an arrogant jerk here, but it teed me off that I am not gigging and this hack gets this gig, and he also did AC/DC and Dio?????? Seriously, this dude has 1st year student drum vocabulary to draw from, to say he is a meat and potatoes primitive player would be too kind. He was also winding up to smack the snare, but he did not hit a rimshot and very little sound came out. Dont they have drum lessons in Australia? Dude needs help, but hey he is getting premium gigs and I am not.

WOW maybe he just had a bad night.. I doubt anyone could have the history and career he has had being as bad as you say. I have watched some video's and he seems very good to me. I am not a big QR fan but maybe he just does not fit with that style but to call him a hack is kind of harsh bro. just sayin.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

I saw Q live at a DOTG show in Oakland during their Mpire record. They were good back then.

Tate was on TMS a couple weeks ago talking about the breakup. He say's right before they took the stage at a show the band let him know to pack his bags. He looks like Howie Mandel now lol, Revlon anyone?
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    He looks like Howie Mandel now lol, Revlon anyone?
    +1 on that. "Guyliner" perhaps?
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

I must be living under a rock.... I didn't know any of this..... I thought "American Soldier" was pretty good, but "Take Cover" had me wondering "why?".....

User Info Menu

I can see where Wrights style doesn't mesh with the QR stuff, but I really like the Dio albums and Schenker recordings he played on. Not technical by any means but good and solid.
    QR's Live Evolution DVD is REALLY REALLY good!! Tate was singing in top form on that.

User Info Menu

QR hasn't done anything decent since Empire..Love the earlier stuff. Now there is no QR to me anyways.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stuperprohero View Post
    I can see where Wrights style doesn't mesh with the QR stuff, but I really like the Dio albums and Schenker recordings he played on. Not technical by any means but good and solid.
    QR's Live Evolution DVD is REALLY REALLY good!! Tate was singing in top form on that.
    +1 on the Wright bashing, solid player, I enjoyed his work on Lock Up The Wolves, Fly On The Wall, Blow Up Your Video and Who Made Who.

User Info Menu

I love Schenker, like Dio, I have probably heard lots of recordings with this guy and thought nothing of it. Maybe he had the flu, but i doubt it, he had no rudimental knowledge, his chops were boring and repetitive as was his drum solo which was embarrassing bad. His ability to drive home a solid 2 4 and make you move to it and feel it was not even there. I think this guy got a good start to his career by being "one of the lads" amongst a group of successful guys, he then successfully managed to milk that into a long career. Hats off to him for that, but he still bites dead donkeys.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by signia fan View Post
    Dont they have drum lessons in Australia?
    I'm sure they do but Simon's from the North of England so I'd ask there first

Scott Rockenfield will always be Queensr˙che's drummer for me, the guy's unbeatable.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hellwyck View Post
    I'm sure they do but Simon's from the North of England so I'd ask there first

Scott Rockenfield will always be Queensr˙che's drummer for me, the guy's unbeatable.
    You are right about England and I did know that, I guess I had AC/DC in my head when I posted that, my bad. Scott has an interview in the new Drum magazine. Pretty cool that he mostly Skype's with the band as opposed to meeting together live to record. I wish I had the coin to set myself up to do that right now. On the to do list