Drum Domains

Thread: Dual cymbal stand

User Info Menu

Default Dual cymbal stand

Hello everyone. On the right side of my current 4 piece setup I have a 20" Zildjian K ride and an 18" A Custom crash. The crash is on a Yamaha single braced boom stand, and the ride is on a Gibraltar boom attachment that is clamped to the stand. I crash on my ride quite regularly and I'm not sure how much longer this setup will survive with those two cymbals.

I'd prefer to not have to mount each cymbal on a separate stand, I like to minimize the space that my cymbal stand legs take up. I've looked at the DW 9000 dual cymbal stand, and everything I read about it says that it's rock solid. However I've also read that it is a pain to lug around because it is so heavy. Has anyone used this stand before? And do you have any alternative suggestions?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Dual cymbal stand

Look at the TAMA Roadpro or Pearl 900/2000 series stands. Both are double braced and have boom arms that tuck away if not needed. Either is under $100 USD and totally rock solid. Then buy a Gibraltar extension for the ride. Works great in either case all for about $100 USD total.

User Info Menu

^What he said. We can both attest to Tama's strength and durability for sure. But don't forget to check out Pearl stands too, they're pretty rock solid.
    "...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

On my right side i had an old tama stand with the weight on the end,,,
    i looked thru my "scrap hardware"( we all 'em) and found a tripod base
    from an old mic boom stand ( sure it didny come that way either,,,,
    i stuck the tube int da base,,,and viola!!!now off that base to the left ,,,
    a pearl boom arm...a gibraltor clamp holds my dw "xhat(closed)",,,
    and off of that another clamp & boom arm to hold my crash,,,,yeah its heavy
    but that weight survives as an anchor to itself!!!
    Its the entire rt side of my kit,,,to move it,,,,collapse the tripod legs
    & throw that baby on my dolly,,,

on my left,,,my dw remote hihat (used as primary ) ,,,also holds my dw mini timbale bracket is hooked to my pearl crash stand,,,crash stand bar is a boom,,,my entire hardware
    except snare stand & roc n soc stool ,,,2 stands,,,,to da dolly jeeves occassionally..
    For smaller gigs...i have another old pearl wif weight multi clamp & arm
    for rt side,,lft side is tama hihat stand,clamp & arm....2 stands

im not touring anymore
    so now i have different options,,,

heck my new adventure roland spd11 &k8 kickpad,,
    iun using one cymbal stand for crash ride,,,
    cos "da suitcase" is packed in front of me!!!!

Im just sayin,,,
    good luck
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

CHARTER MEMBER OF THE "OUR
    LADY OF DA NEW BEAT CONGREGATION"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO TIE"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ)

User Info Menu

I have two Gibraltar dual boom stands not sure of the series but I love them both! They are solid and have a nice sturdy leg design. The bonus on them is that the top can hold three things separately. Meaning two for the booms and another opening to mount a tom or even another boom arm. I use one on the left and one on the right of my travel set. It is the only stand on that side, holding a crash, a tom and two splashes, one of the splashes being on a clamp I added. The other side holds a crash, Ride and China.. two stands.. bam call it done.
    Love my Gretsch sound!

User Info Menu

I would keep the ride on the main stand and have the crash on the extenssion arm. Just get a medium to heavy boom stand, a two-hole multi-clamp and a boom arm (Liberty I has nice, stable ones for like $15 on Steve Weiss Music). You can get a more expensive arm from another brand but I've had these for years and they've lasted longer than some other brands.