Thread: whats a popular wire brush?

User Info Menu

Default whats a popular wire brush?

User Info Menu

The Vic Firth Jazz Brush is pretty popular
    So is the Vater Sweep

I know we hear this a lot on Drumchat but...
    What constitutes a good solid, reliable stick/brush is up to you.
    DRUM NAKED!

I Tried To Think Of Something Insightful, But This Is All That Came To Mind...

-PerpetualFrog

User Info Menu

i bought the vic firth jazz brush but the grip is NOT working for me, the whole brush keeps spinning in my hand doing 360's every second because i have a loose grip with my sticks (and i dont recall that being bad). so im gonna return them and get some rubber handled vic firths

http://www.vicfirth.com/products/brushes.html
    the purple one is the one im getting

User Info Menu

I have the Pro-mark brushes. Rubber handle is the only way to go, and retractable. Seems like I replace them "very" often. You've got to be super careful with these things because the wires on them bend real easy. I'm still waiting for someone to come out with some kind of caps you can put on the ends. Anything like that already on the market?

User Info Menu

are you talking about the vic firths wires bending esily, or the pro-marks? yea my friend has had those exact purple handled vic firth brushes for 5 years, since he had losts of little kids abusing them and such, all the wires all scattered all over the place. nonethe less he just told me totay on the phone, "get these there awsome and the rubber is just awsome" and you just confirmed it drummer! thanks

User Info Menu

the new steva gadd sig brushes look pretty cool

User Info Menu

aww my music store wouldnt let me take my old brushes back.. :( oh well, mabye ill sell em for like 10 bucks to someone lol.. doubt it

User Info Menu

If "slipage" is something you're worried about but you still want the durability and longevity of a wood-handled stick, try sanding around the area where you hold the stick.
    DRUM NAKED!

I Tried To Think Of Something Insightful, But This Is All That Came To Mind...

-PerpetualFrog