Thread: Volbeat -Outlaw Gentlemen and Shady Ladies

User Info Menu

Default Volbeat -Outlaw Gentlemen and Shady Ladies

I listen to different types of music. Lot's of metal, Prog Metal some of the old classic rock and old progressive rock. I tend to really love the heavy stuff, the heavier the better.

Saturday June 8th 2013 I was doing my usual iTunes scan looking for new bands to listen too. After listening to different sound clips for a couple hours without finding anything I wanted to buy I came across a band I'd never heard before called Volbeat. They are listed as a Metal band I gave them a listen. These guys have a very unique sound due mainly to their vocal style, The music is a bit heavy at times and the vocals are just very cool sounding to me anyway.

I bought their latest Outlaw Gentlemen and Shady Ladies. This album rocks from start to finish, not a bad track on it.

After the minute and a half intro "Let's sake some dust" things take off.
    Pearl Hart starts things off followed by The nameless one, Dead but rising, and Cape of our hero all of which are excellent tunes. Next up is Room 24 featuring King Diamond sharing vocal duties, this track shows that this band can indeed get heavy. Several more great tracks follow one of my favorites being track 13 Doc Holiday.

If you like good old rocking music with a unique sound I recommed checking these guys out. I can't stop listening.

Info:
    Volbeat is a Danish metal band which was formed in Copenhagen. They play a fusion of rock and roll, heavy metal, schlager and rockabilly. They are inspired by classic rock and roll artists such as Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash, as well as modern hard rock, groove metal, alternative rock and hardcore groups. Their current line-up consists of vocalist and guitarist Michael Poulsen, bassist Anders Kjølholm, guitarist Rob Caggiano, and drummer Jon Larsen. The band is signed to Dutch label Mascot Records and has released five studio albums and one DVD. All of their studio albums have been certified certified gold in Denmark. Their second album Rock the Rebel/Metal the Devil received platinum status, and their 2010 release Beyond Hell/Above Heaven was subject to widespread international critical acclaim, receiving double platinum in Denmark, platinum in Finland and Germany, and gold in Sweden and Austria. Volbeat's fifth album entitled Outlaw Gentlemen & Shady Ladies was released worldwide on April 9, 2013.

Outlaw Gentlemen & Shady Ladies (2013-present)
    In January 2013, Volbeat revealed that the new album will be called Outlaw Gentlemen & Shady Ladies and is going to be released in the spring of 2013.
    On February 4, 2013, it was announced that Rob Caggiano, formerly of Anthrax, had officially joined the band as second guitarist. He had been producing and recording guest solos on the band's upcoming album, Outlaw Gentlemen and Shady Ladies, which the band also announced will be released on April 8, 2013 (GSA on April 5 and USA on April 9), before being asked to join as a full-time member. Singer and guitarist Michael Poulsen said of the chemistry between Caggiano and the rest of the band "The collaboration with Rob in the studio was so inspiring and in good spirit that we the decided to keep him. Basically we went into the studio as a three piece and came out as a whole band!"
    In an interview on February 11, 2013, Poulsen told Metal Hammer magazine “One of the things I’m most happy about this time is the contrast in the material, the range of the music; on the one side, you have the western motifs, the rockabilly / country songs, and the real emotional melodies, and on the other, some of the heaviest – actually, THE heaviest – songs we have ever recorded. There was a record company guy in the studio the other day, and he was absolutely blown away by the ultra-heavy stuff. He said he wasn’t even sure he was listening to Volbeat!"

Darn it, I forgot to post some youtube links.

Pearl Hart
    http://youtu.be/iWwuwYfYXok

Cape of our Hero Love they way this guy sings.
    http://youtu.be/queCUCcP5OA

Doc Holiday
    http://youtu.be/G5zdal1MKf0
    Last edited by NPYYZ; 06-13-2013 at 04:36 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Volbeat -Outlaw Gentlemen and Shady Ladies

i shall check them out.
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

Talking Re: Volbeat -Outlaw Gentlemen and Shady Ladies

Dude this album was like cornflakes it was great!! I listened to all the way through first day I got it. If you like Elvis Presley, Metallica and any kind of classic rock you must check out Volbeat!!

User Info Menu

Great band great music, seen them live in March at the HOB Anaheim such a fun show they RAWK!!!!!!!!!! Favorite song of the newsest cd is Lola Montez!!! dont look in her eyes, you might fall and find the love of your life!!!!!
    Last edited by cc1918; 07-29-2013 at 11:35 PM.

User Info Menu

Had to come back to this thread. While I still agree this is a decent album, it's fallen off the edge of the world for me. The music just doesn't have the "IT" factor to keep me interested long term. I'll probably go back to it once and a while but it won't be in my top 100.