Thread: Queensryche - Queensryche

User Info Menu

Default Queensryche - Queensryche

On the 25th Queensryche release their self titled album. This is the first album featuring new lead vocalist Todd LaTorre.

I've been a QR fan since day one. I heard their EP when it first came out and I was hooked. I followed the band through their Hear in the Now Frontier Album , which many fans did not like, I do. After that album Guitarist Chris DeGarmo left the band and they changed direction. It seemed Geoff Tate was steering the ship in another direction one that I didn't care for. So I would check out each new album that came along but none of them interested me and it seemed each one was worse than the last.

Finally things came to a head and the band made the change and gave Geoff the boot.

This new album along with recent live shows displays the bands new found energy and it's clear they are enjoying making music again. Their live shows are featuring the older classic QR albums that Geoff can no longer handle.
    Todd is a great singer and he nails the old QR stuff.

With this new album for me it feels like it's the correct next step. This album for me picks up right where Promise Land left off, it's as if all those crap albums never happened. Finally the real Queensryche band I loved is back.

The album is solid, a good mix of rockers and slower ballads that all have the Queensryche sound.

I'm not going to get into the whole Tate vs the rest of the band thing, however This is Queensryche. This band is reborn.

Where dreams go to die
    http://youtu.be/h9KOvIdk8gc

Redemption
    http://youtu.be/6w4RfoUv9KU

Spore
    http://youtu.be/6vbOEFXw7IM

Vindication
    http://youtu.be/Es6WHqCIX5E
    Last edited by NPYYZ; 03-21-2016 at 08:29 AM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Queensryche - Queensryche

I agree with you,Tate was holding them back. The new release is the best since Promised Land and you can hear hints of a little of every release from the 1st EP to Promised Land on the new one.
    It was about time they gave Tate the boot.They should of 15 years ago. I also enjoyed Hear in the Now Frontier.Some songs are actually fun to play on drums. Saved and Spool come to mind from that disc.
    8pc Tama Superstar Classic Maple
    Sabian and Zildjian Cymbals

User Info Menu

Here is the video they done for Fallout.Short song but pretty awesome I'd say!
    Sales for the 1st week were 13,500 and for Geoff Tates version it was 5,500.I think the fans have spoken on who they want to have the name and hopefully it will be considered in the court date come November. I really think if these guys get to use the name,many things will happen that the fans have wanted for years,one being Chris DeGarmo coming back and doing some local shows and maybe some recording with them and the next disc will be longer and even better. For Tate saying these guys can't do it,they showed him they can without outside writers coming in.Tate screwed himself when he cut the other members out and Karma will be back around after him. Chris left the band not once but twice because of Tate and he didn't like the direction the band was on with Tate at the controls and probably the main reason he walked away.I read this in an interview done in 2011 where he said the above. I don't think we have seen the last of him in this band and then they will get that classic sound back that everyone who knows QR will instantly know. Listen to Tribe.Chris done some songs on it and they are easily spotted by just the sound of the arrangements.
    http://youtu.be/fcGYjLLXIG8
    Last edited by Shawn76; 07-21-2013 at 10:48 PM.

User Info Menu

Good stuff! Todd's voice is similar enough to Geoff's, but distinct enough to be his own. It's most certainly Queensryche. Love this stuff!!!
    TEARL

www.BreakingSilenceCO.com

I play PDP (X-7 Maple) and Sabian Xs...mostly because I'm not rich

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tearl View Post
    Good stuff! Todd's voice is similar enough to Geoff's, but distinct enough to be his own. It's most certainly Queensryche. Love this stuff!!!
    Yeah he can sound like Geoff but certain songs on the new disc he puts that"growl" in there and leaves his mark on it. I was pretty happy with the outcome of this release since the past years they kept saying they were doing a heavy album only to be more of a pop album. So glad they made the change and got a real musician in there. Todd also plays drums,guitar and bass so he can pretty much do it all. If you get a chance,get on youtube and listen to Open Road. It's ballad but one of the best I have heard from this band ever.

User Info Menu

This album was pretty awesome!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GoyaDrumr! View Post
    This album was pretty awesome!!
    I think they won some of the old fans back with this release.I have listened to it to many times and I haven't gotten bored with it yet.
    I am working on trying to learn a few songs from the disc on drums,but Scott done some things very different on this release then he has on anything they have put out.Not that it's a bad thing,he has finally got the chance,along with the other members,to show the talent that has been pinned up for to many years.
    Listening to the cd and paying attention to the lyrics,it kind of sounds like nearly every song is pointed at Geoff Tate and his family and how he held them back all these years.It seems like every song is that way. Not that it matters,Geoff will never be a part of their work again even if he gets to keep the name,I think these guys could go back to Rising West and do just fine not that they have put out an album worth listening to from start to finish.
    What would be better is if Chris came back to write and record with them and maybe do a few local shows with the band. I have a feeling after the court date in November,we might just see Chris return for studio work. He left the band twice because of Tate and now that Tate is no longer in control,he can bring his talent and classic sound back to the band.