Thread: Rudiments Routine

User Info Menu

Default Rudiments Routine

Hello everyone, im here today to ask something that is bothering me, im actually a bigginer drummer (just 4 months), and im afraid of that my rudiments routine arent enough time, normally i do 10 mins per day 3 different rudiments per week each week there is another 3 different rudiments and it goes like this.I have a medium-high free time to practice anyway how much time do you recommend to practice(please dont answer more you practice the better i know that this right, but i want a more especific time)

Ty!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Rudiments Routine

10 minutes per rudiment a day is enough. If you have 3 rudiments to practice, that would be 10 minutes on each rudiment.

BUT

I will add my usual response to any question about practice.

"How good do you want to be, that's how much you practice".

Some people pick it up faster than others. You have to see how your progress goes and set your practice time accordingly.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VoidDrum View Post
    (please dont answer more you practice the better i know that this right, but i want a more especific time)
    Welcome to the forum.....How long? How about 10,000 hours? Know of this rule???

From Wiki:

Quote:

"Outliers: "The Story of Success" is a non-fiction book written by Malcolm Gladwell. In Outliers, Gladwell examines the factors that contribute to high levels of success. Throughout the publication, Gladwell repeatedly mentions the "10,000-Hour Rule", claiming that the key to success in any field is, to a large extent, a matter of practicing a specific task for a total of around 10,000 hours.

A common theme that appears throughout Outliers is the "10,000-Hour Rule", based on a study by Anders Ericsson. Gladwell claims that greatness requires enormous time, using the source of The Beatles' musical talents and Bill Gates' computer savvy as examples.

The Beatles performed live in Hamburg, Germany over 1,200 times from 1960 to 1964, amassing more than 10,000 hours of playing time, therefore meeting the 10,000-Hour Rule.

Gladwell asserts that all of the time The Beatles spent performing shaped their talent, and quotes Beatles' biographer Philip Norman as saying, "So by the time they returned to England from Hamburg, Germany, 'they sounded like no one else.

It was the making of them.'" Gates met the 10,000-Hour Rule when he gained access to a high school computer in 1968 at the age of 13, and spent 10,000 hours programming on it."

End quote~

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Welcome to the forum.....How long? How about 10,000 hours? Know of this rule???

From Wiki:

Quote:

"Outliers: "The Story of Success" is a non-fiction book written by Malcolm Gladwell. In Outliers, Gladwell examines the factors that contribute to high levels of success. Throughout the publication, Gladwell repeatedly mentions the "10,000-Hour Rule", claiming that the key to success in any field is, to a large extent, a matter of practicing a specific task for a total of around 10,000 hours.

A common theme that appears throughout Outliers is the "10,000-Hour Rule", based on a study by Anders Ericsson. Gladwell claims that greatness requires enormous time, using the source of The Beatles' musical talents and Bill Gates' computer savvy as examples.

The Beatles performed live in Hamburg, Germany over 1,200 times from 1960 to 1964, amassing more than 10,000 hours of playing time, therefore meeting the 10,000-Hour Rule.

Gladwell asserts that all of the time The Beatles spent performing shaped their talent, and quotes Beatles' biographer Philip Norman as saying, "So by the time they returned to England from Hamburg, Germany, 'they sounded like no one else.

It was the making of them.'" Gates met the 10,000-Hour Rule when he gained access to a high school computer in 1968 at the age of 13, and spent 10,000 hours programming on it."

End quote~
    Whoa............that is a lot of hours !

40 hours multiplied by 52 weeks is only 2,080 hours.

A typical work-year with no vacation !
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Whoa............that is a lot of hours !

40 hours multiplied by 52 weeks is only 2,080 hours.

A typical work-year with no vacation !
    Spoken like a true education budget fiscal analysts...