Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what brands of sets have you played?

User Info Menu

Default Re: what brands of sets have you played?

Premier, Mapex, Pearl.
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

DDrum
    Hart
    Mapex
    Tempro
    DW
    TAMA
    Ludwig
    PDP
    Grestch
    Roland
    Yamaha
    Pearl
    SONORS
    Rogers
    Taye
    CB
    Sound Percussion
    Peavey
    North

Played and owned all but Peavey and North.
    Last edited by Bish; 10-23-2014 at 09:53 AM.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Tama
    Pearl
    Yamaha
    DW
    Mapex

I think that's it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by markthechuck View Post
    Premier, Mapex, Pearl.
    i thought this was owned, i've played the 3 above plus

gretsch
    sonor
    peace
    yamaha
    Tama
    Have you got you're ticket for the rock train? You gotta earn that Ticket!!

Premier Genista - Pearl Masters - Primus custom snare - Zildjian A Custom- DW 5000 pedal - Zildjian Zack Starkey sticks

I play lead Drums

User Info Menu

Owned - Ludwig, Tama
    Played - Gretsch(When I met late8 in person, I was privileged to play his '57 renown kit. Thanks Rich!)
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Ok in order
    Dixie
    Rogers
    Ludwigs
    Rogers
    Enjoy the Music!

HOOKED ON VINTAGE ROGERS

12 tom times 3
    13 tom times 3
    16 floor tom 3
    22 BD times 2
    24 BD 1
    Dyna-sonic snare 1976
    Dyna-sonic snare 1969
    Powertone snare 1969
    24 x 12 Djembe

21" K Hybrid custom ride
    21" Avedis ride
    20" Zildjian 1970 ride
    18" A Custom Zildjian fast crash
    17" A Custom Zildjian med crash
    15" A Custom Zildjian Reso hats
    10" A Custom fast splash
    18" A Custom China
    LP Cowbell baby..always more cowbell

Member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"
    The Zildjian League

Drum Chat's Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    DDrum
    Hart......

.....SONOS
    Rogers....
    Ayyyiiiee señor, don't you mean 'somos' as in "Somos bateristas (we're drummers)"???

"...it's the Paradigm Of The Cosmos!" Stewart Copeland on Youtube

668: The Number Of The Guy Next Door To The Beast.

"A random act of kindness; it keeps my heart in shape!" - Late8

User Info Menu

Previously owned.....in order

Ludwig
    Rogers
    Tama
    Pearl
    Roland

Currently own

DW Collectors
    Risen
    Tama

User Info Menu

DW
    Tama
    Ludwig
    Roland (V-drums)
    Yamaha (electronic DTXtreme III...playing the Roland, talking to Thomas Lang and having him tell me how important electronic drums are to have when i met him at a clinic lead to buying this)
    Gretsch
    Sunlite (first kit i owned)
    Last edited by FlipDWfan4lyfe; 07-05-2013 at 06:59 PM. Reason: adding in

User Info Menu

Tama Swingstars (mid-80's)
    Tama Rockstars
    Tama Artstar II's
    '74 Rogers maple
    Pearl Export
    Gretch (unknown series)
    First Act
    TKO
    Premier XPK's (my own)

They all belonged to someone else, except for the Premiers.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Yamaha Late 90's Still own
    Ludwig '70 Wish I still owned
    Pearl -Played numerous time, never owned
    Gretsch refurbished and sold
    DW - Played a few times
    North - Played when I lived in England
    Rogers
    Ddrum
    Proud Yamaha Player

The line between the real world and the machine world is becoming more and more blurred every day.But its not that humans are turning into automations or becoming slaves to the machines.No, we're simply growing toward each other!

User Info Menu

I see lots of Rogers.

Would love to have a go on those.

all the best...

User Info Menu

PDP, Tama
    Happy Drumming!

IS15

User Info Menu

My first kit was a used Ludwig kit. It had a 14x5 acrolite snare . 20" kick , 12" rack tom. 12" Zilco hi-hat cymbals , no other cymbals. Had a red swirl type finish. Crappy foot pedal.

My second kit was a no name brand, blue sparkle wrap, crap wood. My father bought it for me through a mail order catalog from a store called Alden's. It was a 5 piece same 14x5 Ludwig snare from my first kit, 12", 13" toms, 14" fl tom, 20" kick. Same 12" hats and crappy pedal, still no cymbals. I later talked my Father into letting me spend my savings from my paper route to buy a Ludwig speed king pedal and a Zildjian 18" medium crash.

My 3rd kit and first real kit I bought at age 17. I worked as a dishwasher then got promoted to the desert and salad bar. I saved every penny. I bought a Fibes Fiberglass shell kit with a black wrap finish. 2- 24x14 kicks , 14x5 snare , 12x9 , 13x10 , 14x11 rack toms, 16x16 and 16x18 floor toms. I later added a set of Gretsch 6",8",10" concert toms. Zildjian cymbals. 14" new beats , 3-18" crashes, 16" crash , 10" splash , 18" pang , 22" sweet ride, 26" Gong, cowbell, chimes.

My 4th kit was a set of Pearl drums. Not sure what line they were. I bought them new all maple shell with piano black finish. All double headed toms 6 , 8, 10 , 12, 14 racks 16 floor 14x7 snare, 2- 16x24 kick drums. pretty much the same cymbals from my fibes kit.

my 5th kit was a Simmons SDS 7 E-kit. Snare pad, 3 tom pads, 2- kick pads. Ultimate support rack system. Same Zildjian cymbals.

Kit #6 was a mixture kit. I was sick of playing E-drums and wanted an acoustic kit again. didn't have much cash so I pick up two used kick drums, both 22x16, one was a pearl with a white wrap the other was a Ludwig with a chrome wrap. I had and old Ludwig snare 14x5, and all roto toms - 6,8,10,12,14,16,18, I called this my bozzio kit. Again just moved the same Zildjians over to this kit.

Damn I've had a lot of kits!!!

kit #7 was a used Tama Rockstar kit , red wrap finish. 2- 22' kicks 12", 13" racks 16" 18" floors , later added a 10" rack and 6 Tama octobans Pretty much the same cymbal set up. I believe by this time I had added some Wuhan china's to the family. This was the last kit I played out in public with. I got out of the business at the youg age of 31 in 1991. A year later I sold all my drum gear.

Time passed...............

I think I went with no kit for about a year and a half. Then one day I got out of work early and I said " I think I'll go play my kit" So I went to my parents house, ( I kept my kits in their basement because I lived in an apartment) I go down to the basement and oh yeah, I don't have a kit!!!!

This brings us to kit #8. With the itch to play drums again I went to the drum shop and picked 12" , 13" toms 14" tom mounted on a cymbal stand. 16x22 kick. Beautiful walnut lacquer finish with 24 karat gold plated lugs.
    13" paiste dark crisp signature hats. All zildjain platinum cymbals 16" 2-18" 18" china boy, 21" ping ride. All premier cymbal stands.

Kit #9 way to much to list. #9 was my Premier Prog Metal beast. it was their Projector line. All birch shells with a black sparkle lacquer finish. I had the DW edge Neil Peart Snare. 4 pearl quarter toms 3 kicks and the kitchen sink.

Kit #10 was my pride and joy. My Ludwig Classic maple kit. I used a Pearl Ian Paice signature snare, 13x11 rack tom, 16x16 and 16x18 floor toms, 16x26 kick drum. Zildjian cymbals.

Kit #11 was a Yamaha DTXTreme 2 E-kit. At the time it was their flagship e-kit. I later bought the DTXTreme 3 e-kit and combined the two.

Kit #12 , yes I came back to my senses and went back to acoustic drums. This time I bought two Sonor S.E. 5 piece kits and put them together. bought a Gibraltar rack and all new Zildjains.

Kit #13 is my PDP X7 maple kit. Bought two of these as well. Love this kit. Affordable, looks great, sounds great.

kit #14 is a result of not wanting to have drums sitting stacked up in the conor of the basement collecting dust. I had traded half of my Sonor S.E. kit to the guy that bought my huge Premier kit. I wanted my Gong back so I trade him a 5 piece shell pack for it. So I still have a 5 piece sitting in the corner. I added a Crush acrylic snare to it and pick up a Sonor Bop 12" tom and 18" kick for a seal on e-bay. then I outfitted it with a set of Kasza Cymbals. I call it my Jazz kit, even though I have no clue how to play jazz.
    Here's the PDP and Sonor kits

User Info Menu

Owned
    Pearl export
    Maxwin by pearl
    Premier artist birch, 2 different colors.
    Ludwig Maple
    Gretsch us maple
    Yamaha absolute maple
    Tama starclassic maple rosewood color
    Tama starclassic performer B/B
    Tama starclassic maple mocha color. (still own it)
    Tama starclassic maple hyperdrive in a custom color.
    Dark mocha fade only without the fade. (just the lighter part.)
    20" 8" 10" 12" 14".
    Tama aluminum snare 14"
    Tama limited edition steel snares 13" and 12".

A whole bunch of cymbals to go with it all.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post

Kit #12 , yes I came back to my senses and went back to acoustic drums. This time I bought two Sonor S.E. 5 piece kits and put them together. bought a Gibraltar rack and all new Zildjains.

Even though they are probably the cheapest, I think the Sonor kit looks the best.............Beautiful

User Info Menu

See if I can remember…

Peace - My very first kit

Mapex - The kit that was in the school hall when I was in primary school, my old church also has two mapex kits which I've both used.

Pearl - Too many Pearls. I own three, my old school has one, a bloke from the church that meets in the school hall had one, I'm sure there's a few others…

Pdp - My main kit. Also played on one at my old church that belonged to the other drummer there.

Yamaha - Played two Yamaha kits, both through my old church

Sleishman - My school hires out a larger church building for its annual speech night every year and me being in the band, got to play a Sleishman kit there. The kit at my parents church is also a Sleishman, very nice kit that one.

Tama - used one at a gig once.

I've probably played most other brands at a shop for a couple seconds before too.
    Pdp LXE | Pearl ELX Export

'Give me your fingernails, oh look, the moon' - Todd Sucherman.

User Info Menu

My first kit was a 60's Beverley bop kit I believe. I remember the bass being small when I saw it years later with the person I had sold it to.

80's 7pc. Pearl Export with concert toms.
    A Pearl Fiberglass kit

various MIJ unknown named kits

60's Ludwig Downbeat
    Ludwig Breakbeats
    Ludwig Vistalite
    other Ludwigs

various PDP's

Slingerland 50's kit

Werco kit (another MIJ)

Star Jr.

Yamaha Stage Master

Groove Percussion kits

Sonor Bubinga kit once in studio

others that I have never paid attention to @ open mic...etc.
    Last edited by Olimpass; 07-08-2013 at 10:09 AM.

User Info Menu

Own:
    DW Collector's Series
    Brady (block snare only)

Owned:
    PDP - (used for a practice kit)
    Pearl Session Series
    Mapex

Have Played On:
    Yamaha Maple Custom
    Ludwig
    Noble & Cooley (snare only)

User Info Menu

When I was 7 (1979) I found my first full size drum set, a silver Sonor. After that I turned to a Red Pearl fiberglass drumkit (1984) - that's where the love for Pearl begun, after that I had a Tama Rockstar (1990), my first Pearl Session Elite (1994) that I sold after 7 years; got married, kid coming, I thought I lost my wild hairs, ***wrong***. Started playing again after a year and bought a cheap Stagg (HORRIBLE), changed to a double kick Mapex M (HORRIBLE ALSO, NEVER EVER MAPEX AGAIN!!!) and after that bought my second Pearl Session Elite. Than in 2006 I moved to the States and sold everything again before I left the Netherlands. In America I started with a little Yamaha DTXplorer to just keep my skills up, sold it and bought a SONOR 2001, had this for a little while but still the satisfaction was not there, until I found on Ebay, a 6 pc ..... Yes it is, Pearl Session Elite (my 3rd). I still have my blue babies and will not ever sell them again. 3 times' the charm, right? I also had a DTXpress Special IV that I traded yesterday to a 7 pc Yamaha Stage Custom with AAX cymbals in a Gibraltar Rack. That's now my practice set. The Session Elite's are my gigging kit. That's about it. My story about love!
    • Crush Limited Reserve Wenge
    • DW Collectors
    • Sakae Pac-D
    • Roland TD-9
    • Zildjian K/A Cymbals
    • Crush, DW, Pork Pie, Trick Snares
    • MAY Sennheiser, Audio Technica Internal Mics
    • Gibraltar 9600 hardware
    • Protection Racket/RoadRunner Touring cases

User Info Menu

Have Owned,
    Mapex
    Sonor x2
    Gretsch
    Yamaha
    Peace
    PDP
    Tama

Have Played
    DW
    Rogers
    Pearl
    CB

wow just realizing I have owned alot of kits in my 7+ years of playing
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbledore View Post
    Ayyyiiiee señor, don't you mean 'somos' as in "Somos bateristas (we're drummers)"???

Since I hadn't seen this until today, it should have been SONORS, not SONOS
    Signature here

User Info Menu

The only drums I have played are the ones I currently own, they are:-

Pearl Forum 16x22, 10x12, 11x13, 16x16, 6.5x14(mid to late 90's maybe?)

Sonor Jungle 16x16, 9x10, 11x13 (approx. 12 years old)

A 'frankenstein' kit, Ddrum D2 18x18 kick, Session Pro 14x14 FT and a CB Drums SP 9x12" tom, with good heads and tung oil they sound ok for what they are. I originally used a 'gear4music 12" and a Stagg Tim+ 10" tom but they sounded nasty regardless of heads/tuning/prayer etc.

User Info Menu

Mapex, PDP, Pearl, Premier, Roland, Yamaha, DW, Odery, Checkerplate, Sonor, Natal.
    PDP | Black Panther | Sabian |

User Info Menu

Ludwig, Yamaha, Gretsch, Pearl, Premier, Tama