Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It Ain't in the Pedal

scottyp is offline Senior Member (Respected Chatter)

User Info Menu

Default Re: It Ain't in the Pedal

For beginners I agree. once you have a technique down and are able to hit your max potential the pedal does make some difference.

I can play MUCH faster on my Axis pedals than any other pedal I try. It could also be because it allows more adjustments for me to set the pedal how I personally prefer... I can also do some extremely fast double strokes on my axis I can not do on any other pedal.. I have owned Iron cobras, speed kings, DW's and tried tricks, and all the other high end pedals. this is the one for ME.

In regards to price of the pedal, its the quality that sets them apart. some are made alot better than others. For the price of the axis there is some debate to the quality. The Tricks look more well built to me. but looking at a dw9001 those things are TANKS. and they can withstand quite a beating for years. Even my old iron cobras used to get hammed on and tossed around without using a case. they lasted a long time.

in the end.. if you havn't been playing for many years. sit down at a store. try them all. and pick the one that feels the best to you.

User Info Menu

To Pastor Bob,

Interesting that your first pedal is/was a Pearl P120 P; that is exactly the pedal I have now; I got mine new on EBay for $40.00. Not having much exposure to other pedals, other than via the internet, I ask myself just how many other adjustments a pedal can have. The P120 seems to have everything that could possibly be adjusted. I imagine that the expensive pedals might be manufactured of better materials, or to finer tolerances, but in general, I can't see how any pedal could have more adjustments. Which is not to say that I wouldn't like a high end pedal, and the DW9000 or 9002 is probably what I'll get down the road, but just sayin'....
    Last edited by cabasner; 08-18-2013 at 08:41 AM.
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

cabasner, I agree that for most things it's certainly adjustable enough.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!