Thread: i had a bad experience

User Info Menu

Default i had a bad experience

yesterday, at work, there was an old lady who was getting on the train, and had trouble getting her "bag on wheels" (not sure what they are called in English) on the train, so as the good engine driver i am, i helped her by pushing the back of it, i really wish i had not, the bag was really sticky, and my hands smells really bad after, i have no idea what it was...

lets just say i am very happy that we have hand sanitize napkins in the train.

i was really hoping that i would not have to help her out again, but unfortunately i had to, but this time i used my foot to push it...
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein
    Does this mean that drummers are insane ?

User Info Menu

Default Re: i had a bad experience

Ahhhh, the joys of working with the public. There will always be the rude ones, and the "different" ones. The best thing to do is smile, use the wipes, and know that you did the right thing. Although having gloves nearby when you have a situation like that might be helpful in the future. You never know what that substance might be.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Ahhhh, the joys of working with the public. There will always be the rude ones, and the "different" ones. The best thing to do is smile, use the wipes, and know that you did the right thing. Although having gloves nearby when you have a situation like that might be helpful in the future. You never know what that substance might be.
    yeah but gloves in this weather, i would break a sweat before even getting out of my cab...
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein

User Info Menu

You did a good thing. It's not always rosy, ask PB. Just know that you did a good thing and feel good about it. You're a good man.

User Info Menu

yeah i know, and its part of the job...

and another part of the job is going through this great time of year, i guess i dont have to say what the girls are wearing... and what the first thing they see is