Thread: i need to upgrade

User Info Menu

Default i need to upgrade

at the moment i have a zildian zbt crash ride, ride, and hi hats, and a zht splash. the ride is good but i need a crash, and less matalic hi hats. i know the sound i want from the crash i want a med crash with a fast decay and a bit high sound. and one dark clear crash with medium decay, and for hi hats something sort of like the paiste 2002s but a little more jazzy. any sugjestions?
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

For your first suggestion Ziljdan A sounds like what your looking for. Second i think maybe K's or Manil Byzance. And for the hihats i think almost any top level hi hat would do.

User Info Menu

Paiste Signatures are about a jazzy as you can get (IMO).

User Info Menu

hey thanks guys. im gonna have to look around a bit before i decide it seems. my mentor showed me some difernet crashes like what im looking for and im not sure witch one i want yet. so far for crash 1 i have the following choices
    zildjian a costom
    zildjian a
    zildjian z costom
    paiste 2002
    sabbian hand hammered.

all the same as above and then some.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

Give the K's or K customs a try and see if you like those.

User Info Menu

i like the dark and the dry ks those are nice. ah so many cymbals to play so little time. i should just surround my self with them. that way i can have them all

User Info Menu

what sort of china was that in your video you had then?
    jimbolimbo99 Mapex Mafia

Mapex M Birch
    Sabian AA and Paragons
    Zildjian A's
    Meinl Generation X
    Dream Lion
    Trick Pro-1V

My band

My Kit

User Info Menu

lion. its kinda like the wuhans.

User Info Menu

vinnysimmo you're from Sweden huh? My best friend and his family just moved back to Denmark. How far are you from Copenhagen? He was in a band from there called "Glorybox". I think he's looking to play with them again. Lots of great heavy bands coming form Sweden these days. Blessings........

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by middleman View Post
    vinnysimmo you're from Sweden huh? My best friend and his family just moved back to Denmark. How far are you from Copenhagen? He was in a band from there called "Glorybox". I think he's looking to play with them again. Lots of great heavy bands coming form Sweden these days. Blessings........
    I live in Gislaved. Its a small, rural place in southern sweden. Getting to Copenhagen from where i am is about 3 hours by car and a half hour by ferry.

User Info Menu

When I Was Upgrading My Sons Zildjian "schimitar" Cymbals( I Was Honored To Have Em Signed By Armand Himself) My Son Said" Dad I Cant Play Those" So I Gave Him My 1st Ride Cymbal(20"zildjian A Medium) And Bought Him 15"16"18" K Dark Customs,,,,his Answer From Bangkok Thailand,,,,thxs Dad Exactly What I Dreamed Of!!!!!the Old Mans Still Got It!!!!!

User Info Menu

those all seem like great cymbals, and your son sounds real lucky to have you as a dad