Thread: kit art.

User Info Menu

Default kit art.

i got bored today and had to stop playing at ten (my parents were mad my new band got to gether in full today and we were vary loud the amp wattage added up two 1,900. if you count our pianist.) so i decided to turn a drum head into a pice of art
    and then i wondered why cant the whole kit be one big pieace of art, like for example this inspired me when i change out all my tom heads for the remo ambasitor coated i will draw an interconected piace of art work that will go over all my toms, maybe my snares to im not sure
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

Pretty cool concept, DD. Did you think of drawing on your drumhead before you saw the picture, or after? I think your basic desihn is pretty good. Who knows, maybe you're going to go on to be a famous drum builder, with custom paint jobs. Of course, the hard part will be if you incorporate the design into the drum heads, and shells, what does the drummer do when he changes out the heads. Take some time to figure that one out, and then you will hve the beginning of a new custom drum making career!
    Last edited by pastor_bob; 09-08-2007 at 10:09 AM.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Pretty cool concept, DD. Did you think of drawing on your drumhead before you saw the picture, or after? I think your basic desihn is pretty good. Who knows, maybe you're going to go on to be a famous drum builder, with custom paint jobs. Of course, the hard part will be if you incorporate the design into the drum heads, and shells, what does the drummer do when he changes out the heads. Take some time to figure that one out, and then you will hve the beginning of a new custom drum making career!
    well pb i dont nessicarly want to paint kits nut it could be fun in my spare time (between the albums i will be makeing, and the tours, and the hopefull family i will have when im older.) and as for the heads rather than make the designs in the head make the design under the head in a mesh that both stregthens and shows though the heads. and so far i think the only costom kit i will make is mine so i can change the picture on the heads.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

yeah that is pretty cool man, that kit sure looks like something id want. and very nice snare

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin View Post
    yeah that is pretty cool man, that kit sure looks like something id want. and very nice snare
    thanks man

User Info Menu

Very very.... beautiful set!!!!!!

User Info Menu

i like the octpus it makes me laugh.

User Info Menu

DD, I like that you have goals, and the imagination to see good things for yourself! Way to go, dude!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    DD, I like that you have goals, and the imagination to see good things for yourself! Way to go, dude!
    thanks pb, when i was little my grand father said to me "davie find your dreams and never give up on them. what do you dream."
    Little dd: i wanna be a musican.
    granddad: then let me give you one pice of advice a musican doent play his instrament they become it. love your instrament as you love your self and you will be a musican.
    my dad: what if he doesnt make it
    granddad: then he lives a life worth living all the while anyway bill.

my granddad is a musican more of a songwriter though he started working for a tire company becuase his music was for him alone
    my dad was a musican, he can still play a banjo better than most pros, gave up on his dreams at 18 and joined the millitary because he didnt think banjos could make it in rock.
    i will live my dreams till the day i die. not just for myself but for my dad and my granddad as well.

User Info Menu

Nice DD. Where was that picture taken? Reminds me of Laurel Canyon Blvd in L.A. Great view!

User Info Menu

thats a picture of chad smith

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by coke_can View Post
    thats a picture of chad smith
    wich very well means it could be laurel canyon.
    i always loved that kit. if you can do that kind of paint work i might be shipping my drums to you someday.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Nice DD. Where was that picture taken? Reminds me of Laurel Canyon Blvd in L.A. Great view!
    Wow! Drummer, are you located in SoCal? If not, how do you know about Laurel Canyon Blvd? You are right, of course, it does look like it could be the Laurel Canyon area. I was just wondering how you knew that!

User Info Menu

I have some drummer friends out there. Used to play in the L.A. area. I live in Richmond, VA

User Info Menu

If you've got drummer friends in the Laurel Canyon area, you've got some cool drummer friends! It really is a beautiful area.

User Info Menu

I had a shot at it, then vigorously attempted to rub it off my snare head, lolz.
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

Also drummerdavie, your passion for drumming really inspires and intrigues me. Do you think you could put up anything you've done?
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

Cool kit art

Great job, bro'! Can't wait to see what it looks like when you've finished that bass head...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ethel_The_Frog View Post
    Also drummerdavie, your passion for drumming really inspires and intrigues me. Do you think you could put up anything you've done?
    i dont have a video carmra but i will get one soon and then i will post some stuff.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ethel_The_Frog View Post
    I had a shot at it, then vigorously attempted to rub it off my snare head, lolz.
    use a pencil first. to set up the design. sharpie wont come off unless you beat it out

User Info Menu

i got the new heads and did it. hear it is