Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guess What Guys

User Info Menu

Default Guess What Guys

I've decided the totally blow every single piece of money that I'm going to own for the next five years on my dream kit. Pearl Reference. Arctic White Lacquer Finish. Black Hardware.

10x8, 12x9, 14x11, 16x14 Hanging Floor, 20x18 Kick (Virgin Kick).
    Last edited by Roger; 02-10-2008 at 05:12 AM.

User Info Menu

Whoa! You dont have a family or a girlfriend do you!

User Info Menu

Sadly no. But I've got a job and thats all that matters .

User Info Menu

Roger, I like the arctic white with black hardware concept. It should look awesome! What wood are you going with? I noticed that you could choose maple, birch, or African mahagony.

BTW, I checked out your "Be My Friend" link. Funny!!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Mahogany, 8-10ply. Was originally going to have a 26" bass but I can't get 10ply with that so I decided that a 24" would do, and then I decided that I could live with a tiny bass drum considering that it's going to be 2K for an 18" one, 24" are 2.5K. That's in US as well.

User Info Menu

Wow nice!
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

wish i had tht much money man! awesome kit choice
    caution drummer may bite

User Info Menu

That kit will be awesome roger.

User Info Menu

I don't believe that i must say anything about this set...
    You can imagine!

User Info Menu

dude, thats a great choice of finish, I think they will look amazing, and gratz!

User Info Menu

dude you gatto post pics of that when you get it
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

I saw this and knew right then that white on black was my color.

I've got $450AU in the fund, sold my Wii.

The whole kit will cost me about 8K AU, not including any hardware or snares.
    Last edited by Roger; 09-08-2007 at 08:12 PM.

User Info Menu

That kit does look awesome. Just apply yourself to finding ways to earn some cash, here and there, and before you know it you'll have your dream kit, Roger!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

hey why not try and sell stuff around you house on ebay. cheack though old drawers and storage spaces, youd be amazed at how much you can make. my next door neighbor payed off his house from doing that.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

kewl kewl..... how did it take you weeks to get only 50$ though :S

I make 250 a week and i cant even afford a kit :(
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

my buddy recently sold a beautiful 100% mahogany 14pc masterworks kit with 22" 24" and 18" kick drums. he pieced it out as 3 kits. anyway pearls african mahogany sounds amazing. and if you were gonna go with an 18" kick as your main kick, there is prolly none better than the mahogany masters. i dont know about those power sized toms with an 18x16 kick tho, seems like they would be a little missmatched. also if you go with those sizes then it will be a special order from pearl. be prepared for a LONG wait.

User Info Menu

I'm expecting to be waiting for 6-18 months. And I'm a little skeptical of the power toms as well, I'm trying to find out a way to see what they sound like, sadly being an odd size not many places to find them.

User Info Menu

oh, those toms will sound awesome. i just dont know about in conjuction with an 18x16 kick.

User Info Menu

I'm probably going to have my bass triggered so I guess it doesn't really matter.

User Info Menu

then your all set.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I've decided the totally blow every single piece of money that I'm going to own for the next five years on my dream kit. 10ply Mahogany. Pearl. Masters. White Paint Job. Black Hardware. (Though most of the drums will be 8ply. And technically the finish is called Arctic White.)

Following size, none of this is set in stone though.

10x10, 12x12, 14x14 Floor, 16x16 Floor, 18x16 Kick (Virgin Kick).

Drool my friends as I will be living in my bass drum, and using my 10x10 as my pillow.
    O yes the things we do for our drums, I feel ya buddy, although you should have gotten a bigger kick, so you had more room to sprawl out lol.

User Info Menu

Does anyone know the average dimensions of timbales? 15"x5" and 16x5"? Could anyone confirm this?

User Info Menu

Roger, here are a couple of links that might help. I didn't see anything on a standard depth, though.

http://www.mambofello.com/salsa_glossary/glossarypt.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timbales

Hope that helps some.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I saw this and knew right then that white on black was my color.

I've got $450AU in the fund, sold my Wii.

The whole kit will cost me about 8K AU, not including any hardware or snares.
    Very pretty kit! My heart skipped a beat. I like the fact that Pearl even coats their mounting brackets as well as other hardware. Some companies leave parts chrome mixed with the coated. I think that can look tacky. For some reason I see this most when companies don't have their own mounting system and have to use RIMS. Blessings......

User Info Menu

That is an awesome kit. I love the colours! :> Thats why i want the white TD20K not the black one :>
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters