Thread: Yamaha DTX450K B Stock: Deal or Dud?

User Info Menu

Default Yamaha DTX450K B Stock: Deal or Dud?

I am looking to get back into drumming (after a couple of decades) and to introduce my son the drums. I think I am going to go with the Yamaha DTX450k. I can buy one new for $700 or get a factory B Stock for $560 (shipped to the store). I am leaning towards the B Stock to save $140 dollars just in case the drumming revival goes nowhere. But is this a pennywise and pound foolish decision? Does anyone have experience with Yamaha B Stock? Are they as good as new but just open box returns, show demos, and/or refurbs or are they a dice roll on quality? I am all for saving money, but if I will likely end up paying for it in frustration I’ll spend the money to buy new.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Yamaha DTX450K B Stock: Deal or Dud?

Welcome to Drum Chat Chrisemsd!

I don't know anything about B-stock for Yamaha in particular, but my question would be what defect is making it a B-stock? I have a guitar that is a B-stock, but the "defect" is so small it would never be noticed unless you scrutinized the guitar very carefully.

If that's the type of thing making this a B-stock, then it should be fine. I'd try to get some detail about what's making it a B-stock.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Yamaha DTX450K B Stock: Deal or Dud?

My understanding is that B stock is an item that was returned or used for a display model. They function properly, but may have some cosmetic wear.

I believe they come with a warantee as well. I have bought most of my eDrum stuff used off ebay and havn't had a problem yet. I only buy from sellers with a 100% rating tho. which alot of b stock stuff comes from good sellers.

I think you'll be ok. I pay less than half of factory price. And so far all of it works great.(until I just said that. lol)