Thread: for kevin

User Info Menu

Default for kevin

hey man, you said you have a mixing system on your computer what program is it called?

User Info Menu

Hey laf,

Sorry it took so long to read this, I was out of town.

I use Adobe Audition for my recording, mixing and editiing software all in one, this software is AWESOME, and is pretty easy to use.

User Info Menu

hey np. ok thanks kev!

User Info Menu

thats the one you use for your vids?
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerdavie View Post
    thats the one you use for your vids?
    Yep

User Info Menu

OH i remember one thing when i had that program. they had a sample song, and i could break down the drums and hi-hat and everything and ajust the volume, i guess thats what you do.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin View Post
    OH i remember one thing when i had that program. they had a sample song, and i could break down the drums and hi-hat and everything and ajust the volume, i guess thats what you do.
    I am sorry I am not sure what you mean man, please elaborate.

User Info Menu

I think he means that you can control the volume of each of the pieces. But to attempt and answer the question, I believe that you can do that depending on which pieces you have mics hooked to. Say I had my snare and bass mics recording; everything that records from those two mics can be turned up or down on my recording system. I don't know if you can do that with the system Kevin uses, but I can with Acid.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

whats your programs name 32hb?

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

Acid Recording Studio. It's supposed to be one of the best computer recording programs, but I bought the narrowed down version because I'm not too big on all the flashy stuff.

User Info Menu

thanks man

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pdplayer View Post
    I am sorry I am not sure what you mean man, please elaborate.
    well when i had the program, they had one sample song on it, and i cliked it and i could see a list

Hihat

snare

hitom

bassdrum

etc...

and i could Ajust the volume of all these things.

User Info Menu

well when i had the program, they had one sample song on it, and i cliked it and i could see a list

Hihat

snare

hitom

bassdrum

etc...

and i could Ajust the volume of all these things.
    Ok I understand now, the problem is my little mixer will not do this, it just allows a stereo line out, it does not break it down into seperate tracks so I can edit each track, all my mics come in to my pc as one track, if there is a way to get to be seperate that I don't know, PLEASE fill me in, but as far as I can tell, there isn't.

User Info Menu

i only can give you one peice of advice.. when i had the program for that very short period, i tried to put some random song in there and i wanted to see if it would break down and the program would read the song and seperate all the instruments, but it said i needed to change the file format, thats all i can suggest, but i dont even know how you would go about changeing the file format.

User Info Menu

i only can give you one peice of advice.. when i had the program for that very short period, i tried to put some random song in there and i wanted to see if it would break down and the program would read the song and seperate all the instruments, but it said i needed to change the file format, thats all i can suggest, but i dont even know how you would go about changeing the file format.
    So you just imported any song into adobe and it breaks it down into seperate tracks? How do you do this?

User Info Menu

The best thing to do if you want to change the volume of a certain piece is to do a sound check before you record whatever and get all your mics where they sound good to you.

User Info Menu

what it does is record each part with a different mike though a mixer and you can adjust the levels of each mike after recording

User Info Menu

not sure man...

User Info Menu

or at least thats what the version they sell at my local store does.