Thread: Pearl MLX Pro

User Info Menu

Default Pearl MLX Pro

These drums are top of the line. All maple shells.
    -1984 Pearl MLX Professional Series.
    -Standard sizes (12", 13", 16", 22")

Includes a Steel Shell Free Floating snare drum. 14"

The laquer is in great shape, a few small bumps but nothing bad.

These drums were in a studio or cases for the last 29 years and are in incredible condition. The shells are the same as the Pearl Masters as these are "pre-masters".
    10 lug bass drum

I have a brand new set of Coated Evans G14's that have just been put on the kit.. The bass has a Powerstroke 3 on the batter and a Remo Reso on the front.

Comes with tom legs and tom mounts.
    Toms have Super Hoops on top and bottom.
    Bass drum hoops are Maple

I'm not very picky on what to trade for, but I would like it to be of equal quality.

If nothing comes up by December I'll be removing the availability of these via drumchat. They are 29 years old and I refuse to break the 30 year rule.
    -Steven

User Info Menu

Default Re: Pearl MLX Pro

Sold
    -Steven

User Info Menu

Just curious did you sell them here on DC or somwhere else. Just wondering if this site is actualy working.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Just curious did you sell them here on DC or somwhere else. Just wondering if this site is actualy working.
    I actually traded them for a Les Pal on craigslist. (I consider that a sale though lol)

So far this selling on DC doesn't seem to be working, I think having the section for buying,selling,trading so far to the bottom is keeping it from getting attention.
    -Steven

User Info Menu

It is funny that you mention that cause before they introduced the new for sale, bying, trading etc . Some members where talking about buying all kinds of gear. So they decided to open a thread on it and now you hardly hear anyone buying or trading. Lots of selling but no bites. Wonder if it was a mistake. Sorry to say this but I think there are alot of dreamers on DC.

User Info Menu

Yeah, its a great idea to have connection for guys that love to trade, buy and sell. But it's like some people are afraid of doing it.

Unfortunately much of my gear is vintage so I am prohibited from using this forum to trade that stuff.

If you ever have some stuff you want to trade or sell let me know, I occasionally have a snare drum or stands to trade.
    -Steven

User Info Menu

Thanks but because of the shipping, duty, brokerage fees it makes it too expensive even to trade. Maybe someday we will be all one country then the border would be gone but that will never happen lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Thanks but because of the shipping, duty, brokerage fees it makes it too expensive even to trade. Maybe someday we will be all one country then the border would be gone but that will never happen lol
    I feel silly. I didn't even think about the fact that not all of us are in the same part of the world.
    -Steven