Drum Domains
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Possible Ludwig Black Beauty trade

  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Default Possible Ludwig Black Beauty trade

    Hey guys,

    Wanted to throw this out there and see if anyone would be interested.

    I have a 2012 Ludwig Black Beauty in great shape. It is a 6.5 x 14 and the only modification is I replaced the P-85 with a Trick throw. I currently have an Evans HD dry batter and the stock Ludwig reso on it.

    I am really loving the "hammered" Ludwig Black Beauty.................just something about it.

    If anyone would be interested in a straight trade, please respond to this thread or PM me .

    here's a couple of pics







    don't worry, the writing on the head was for a recent gig and the head has been replaced.

    One more thing, this is not a "blem" or B-stock BB.

  2. #2

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Possible Ludwig Black Beauty trade

    Why on earth would you replace the p-85? throw?

    all the best...

  3. #3

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Possible Ludwig Black Beauty trade

    I know what you mean...used to have a 14X6.5 BB, hammered shell with tube lugs...had to let it go a few years ago. I'll get another someday.

    Was there something wrong with the throw off?

    Good luck with the possible trade.
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH


    Click for Gear Pics!

    DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24


    Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

  4. #4

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Possible Ludwig Black Beauty trade

    Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    Why on earth would you replace the p-85? throw?

    all the best...




    Quote Originally Posted by RHD03 View Post
    I know what you mean...used to have a 14X6.5 BB, hammered shell with tube lugs...had to let it go a few years ago. I'll get another someday.

    Was there something wrong with the throw off?

    Good luck with the possible trade.

    Thanks.

    Nope, nothing wrong with the P-85...........just wanted a better throw-off............the 3 position Trick is awesome.

  5. #5

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Possible Ludwig Black Beauty trade

    Cool, that's a pretty nice piece of hardware for sure.
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH


    Click for Gear Pics!

    DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24


    Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

  6. #6

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Possible Ludwig Black Beauty trade

    Not sure why Ludwig does not get with the times. They sell some premium snare drums but only offer 1950 technology throw offs. Some swear by them, I think it is merely sentimental because they really are trash when compared to Trick, DW, even Ronn Dummit makes a better throw off.
    click to see my kit re-veneer/finish
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...168#post379168

  7. #7

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Possible Ludwig Black Beauty trade

    Quote Originally Posted by signia fan View Post
    Not sure why Ludwig does not get with the times. They sell some premium snare drums but only offer 1950 technology throw offs. Some swear by them, I think it is merely sentimental because they really are trash when compared to Trick, DW, even Ronn Dummit makes a better throw off.
    Actually you can throw Mapex and any other company in there as well.

  8. #8

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Possible Ludwig Black Beauty trade

    That's one beautiful snare!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

    -Mike

  9. #9

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Possible Ludwig Black Beauty trade

    Quote Originally Posted by signia fan View Post
    Not sure why Ludwig does not get with the times. They sell some premium snare drums but only offer 1950 technology throw offs. Some swear by them, I think it is merely sentimental because they really are trash when compared to Trick, DW, even Ronn Dummit makes a better throw off.
    No sir!

    Ludwig P-85 is the best throw off ever made. Simple, Easy to use, reliable...bulletproof

    all the best...

  10. #10

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Possible Ludwig Black Beauty trade

    The P-85, in my experience, has been hit and miss. The one that came on my Jazz Festival sucked from day 1. It constantly jammed and took two hands to engage. The P-85 that came with my Acrolite was smooth as silk. Anyway, I replaced both of them with the Ludwig P-86 throw off. It, IMHO, is far superior to the P-85.

  11. #11

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Possible Ludwig Black Beauty trade

    Quote Originally Posted by ludleg View Post
    The P-85, in my experience, has been hit and miss. The one that came on my Jazz Festival sucked from day 1. It constantly jammed and took two hands to engage. The P-85 that came with my Acrolite was smooth as silk. Anyway, I replaced both of them with the Ludwig P-86 throw off. It, IMHO, is far superior to the P-85.
    I agree.........have a P-86 on my supra and it works great

  12. #12

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Possible Ludwig Black Beauty trade

    Quote Originally Posted by ludleg View Post
    The P-85, in my experience, has been hit and miss.
    The one that came on my Jazz Festival sucked from day 1. It constantly jammed and took two hands to engage.
    The P-85 that came with my Acrolite was smooth as silk. Anyway, I replaced both of them with the Ludwig P-86 throw off. It, IMHO, is far superior to the P-85.
    Send that one to a drum museum cause it must be the only one of it's kind in the world.

    all the best...

  13. #13

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Possible Ludwig Black Beauty trade

    Quote Originally Posted by ludleg View Post
    The P-85, in my experience, has been hit and miss. The one that came on my Jazz Festival sucked from day 1. It constantly jammed and took two hands to engage. The P-85 that came with my Acrolite was smooth as silk. Anyway, I replaced both of them with the Ludwig P-86 throw off. It, IMHO, is far superior to the P-85.
    I've had similar experiences with them. If you get a good one then it's a keeper but if you get a dud then the [later] P-86 is the best way to go. Both of my workhorse gigging snares wear P-86s and they're still rock solid after hundreds of gigs ...

    But then I also have P-85s that are working perfectly after 40 years ...
    Last edited by dangermoney; 03-16-2015 at 06:09 PM.

  14. #14

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Possible Ludwig Black Beauty trade

    Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    Send that one to a drum museum cause it must be the only one of it's kind in the world.

    all the best...
    You can send mine along with it, then they will have a back up, in case one starts working properly.

  15. #15

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Possible Ludwig Black Beauty trade

    Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post

    Nice drum by the way ...

  16. #16

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Possible Ludwig Black Beauty trade

    I have to agree about the P-85. They are notorious for sticking. I have a P-86 on my Supra and it's much more reliable.

  17. #17

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Possible Ludwig Black Beauty trade

    Quote Originally Posted by dangermoney View Post
    Nice drum by the way ...
    Thanks.....................still have G.A.S. for a hammered BB

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •