Thread: 9/11 Memorial Thread

User Info Menu

Default 9/11 Memorial Thread

I just thought it was appropriate to post something for 9/11.

My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to all that were affected by 9/11.

I worked for a company called The Fitness Company; our largest fitness center was in the World Trade Center. None of my co-workers died but they were deeply affected but what happened that day. When the first plane hit, body parts fell through the roof of the gym onto the staff and patrons. A few of our staff were trapped for a period but were able to get out before the towers fell. I will never forget walking into the President of the company’s office to tell him that the first tower had collapsed, the look on his face was pure sadness and despair.

I live about 40 minutes away from the city and it was chaos that day. Everyone was frantically trying to get their children from school to take them home where it was safe. My husband works under the Goethals Bridge and saw the whole thing transpire from the roof of one of his buildings. A lot of people from my area worked in the city or in the World Trade Center, some never came home that day.

Let’s never forget………
    Last edited by drum_chick; 09-11-2007 at 09:51 AM.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the important reminder, DC! And yes, my church has already begun prayers for the families that were forever changed.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Although I live in the Philippines we all still grieve for that tragic incident
    Last edited by Andreeew; 09-12-2007 at 12:34 AM.
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

i had a sub today who worked as an air trafic controler and started the day when those planes took off. he told us every detail, it was a sobering experiance.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Andreeew View Post
    Although I live in the Philippines we all still grieve for that tragic incident
    Thanks Andreeew, and we pray for all the violence in the Philippines, too! Blessing to you, my friend!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

My Mom was in New Jersey during that happened, they were all pretty shocked about it and called us immediately.
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Sad for the whole world to know that such things can actually happen, isn't it.

User Info Menu

It truly is. And in the name of God yet.

Thanks Susan for starting this thread. Sorry you had to witness what you did. I can't imagine.

User Info Menu

Default 9/11 Memorial Thread

Susan, thank you! I can't believe some people want to change 9/11 back to plain old September 11th. Ain't gonna happen as long as I'm around!

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

very sad my prayers go to all the familys
    my friends uncle was one of the firemen that survied and that saved a lot of people
    MARCHING BANDS RULE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    It truly is. And in the name of God yet.
    Yeah, it's hard to imagine, but then there are people that are determined to do evil, and call it good!