Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my throne

User Info Menu

Default my throne

okay, my throne right now is sitting at 16½ inchs from the ground to the seat. thats because i dont have the bolt on there, the seat itself is just sitting on the "shalft" of the char i guess you would call it. and i think its wrecking my throne lol.. so if i had the bolt on there and everything, the lowest it will go would be about 18 inchs, which is the lowest for the standered roc n' soc. anyways im asking, can i find a roc n' soc seat that will go lower then 18 inchs?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin View Post
    can i find a roc n' soc seat that will go lower then 18 inchs?
    Found one. I have been looking at thrones lately, too. I ran across this one, and it says it will go down to 15".

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=445881
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

i actually found that last night, accept i was lookin for something like this

Roc-N-Soc Manual Spindle Throne with 15"-21" spindal with black cloth seat AND somewere were i can order the seat to canada..

User Info Menu

Lafirin, I don't quite understand. I think the link that I gave fits all that you were looking for, including the ship to Canada part?????
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

oops sorry i didnt send the link PB, yea that chair you sent me fits all the discription accept the top looks like Vinyl. i wanted a cloth top but im sure they can get me a seat with a cloth top..

User Info Menu

OOPS it says its cloth right on it.. and the sides are vinyl... okay thats the seat i want. geez i gotta read stuff before i make conclusions.

User Info Menu

okay i just add this to my cart this is would be the final price
    $279.98 ..lol yea right im not buying a chair for almsot 300 bucks thats riduculas.

i need to find a canadian site, are there such things?! lol im kinda mad

User Info Menu

Default 139.00

ship to canada

shttp://www.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=445881

Riouel

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

You can always sit on a milk crate......that's what Tommy Aldridge started off on cause he sits so low. Wow that wasn't very helpful was it? Blessings.......

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin View Post
    okay, my throne right now is sitting at 16½ inchs from the ground to the seat. thats because i dont have the bolt on there, the seat itself is just sitting on the "shalft" of the char i guess you would call it. and i think its wrecking my throne lol.. so if i had the bolt on there and everything, the lowest it will go would be about 18 inchs, which is the lowest for the standered roc n' soc. anyways im asking, can i find a roc n' soc seat that will go lower then 18 inchs?
    I have my thrown the same way, sitting on the shaft, I gotta sit low too.......

User Info Menu

gives beavis and butthead like giggle at dc last sentence.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    gives beavis and butthead like giggle at dc last sentence.
    ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by drummer; 09-17-2007 at 12:54 PM. Reason: stretchin' the page with those giant explanation points! ;)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick View Post
    I have my thrown the same way, sitting on the shaft, I gotta sit low too.......
    i thought i was the only one..

User Info Menu

somehow lafirin, that don't sound as good coming from you.

User Info Menu

i agree with funky its no ware near as funny comeing from larifin, probably because of phycological predispositions to certain things.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

somehow lafirin, that don't sound as good coming from you.
    LOL i was still on the serious side of the subject . but now that i looked at it in your guy's point of veiw... very wrong

User Info Menu

LOLOLOLOLOL I'm still laughing!

User Info Menu

lafirin aint laughin' he's very uncomfortable right now by the sound of it....ouch

User Info Menu

lafirin aint laughin' he's very uncomfortable right now by the sound of it....ouch

User Info Menu

hahahahaha that just made my day so much better. hahahahaha
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

you could say that

User Info Menu

While waiting for your new throne to arrive...
    Drill a new hole through it (the old one) where needed for maximum lowness. Still too high? Saw some off the legs if possible. Just thoughts, since I can't see your throne.
    Last edited by Toad; 09-18-2007 at 11:07 PM.
    Just because it's old doesn't mean it's not just as good now as it was then.

User Info Menu

thanks for your suggestion, mabvye tomorrow ill tink about drill'n a hole threw that steell.

User Info Menu

Figure where you need the hole then punch a dent in it with a hammer and a sharp punch so the drill bit won't walk around at first. May need to start with a smaller hole depending on what you have for bits. For hole #2 out the other side, pause, check your and angle and then keep going. If you have a vise with padded jaws that's good or wrap the thing in an old leather glove that's no good then vise it. Or don't, I'm just thinking of scratches.
    Last edited by Toad; 09-19-2007 at 09:47 PM.
    Just because it's old doesn't mean it's not just as good now as it was then.

User Info Menu

thanks man, i can also get my dad to give me a hand, hes good with a drill.