Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pretty impressive for a girl, lol

User Info Menu

Default Re: Pretty impressive for a girl, lol

Quote Originally Posted by zarrdoss View Post
    No I get what you are saying, And you are interpreting what I am"implying". That is not actually what I am implying at all. I am not going to apologize because you do not understand my sense of humor and are to sensitive. Playing drums and using martial art weapons and certainly a combination of the two are not things traditionally done by women. If a woman on here posted a video of a man doing something not traditionally done by a man and said not bad for a man I would not take ANY offence to it. Sorry but some of you are just way to sensitive. To be fair I posted this situation on a forum I am on that is 95% women and so far not one has said that they were offended by it. One actually said " that's extremely impressive for a chick". They certainly did not think I was implying that girls "are not as good". Grow some thicker skin if you are going to be online forums. I will certainly think twice about my wording and sharing things here from now on.
    My wife is a second degree blackbelt, and karate instructor, my daughter is 13 a first degree blackbelt and a karate instructor, they are both well versed in the use of bo staff, sithe, escrima, tonfa, and nunchucks and they found it very offensive. My daughter offered to show you why one should never use the phrase "for a girl" when refering to her martial arts skills

User Info Menu

I think women in traditionally male-dominated roles is pretty cool. But I guess on the flip side, that means that the fact that my mind makes the distinction to begin with says that I haven't evolved as much as I should.

User Info Menu

Northern Redneck, are you trying to scare or threaten me? Mixed martial arts for the last 15 years so not afraid. jeez this has got out of hand!!!!

Mods please close this thread, thank you!

User Info Menu

Northern Redneck is not trying to scare or threaten you. He's trying to give you an example.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zarrdoss View Post
    Northern Redneck, are you trying to scare or threaten me? Mixed martial arts for the last 15 years so not afraid. jeez this has got out of hand!!!!

Mods please close this thread, thank you!
    Awesome, proud of you. You realiseyou just went all macho at the talk of a 13 year old girl lol
    Like Mark said I wasnt threatening or trying to scare you, I was just showing how wrong you were.

User Info Menu

Seriously, zarrdoss, no one is picking on you or threatening you. I'm sorry if you felt that way. It wasn't my intention at all. All everyone was trying to say is that woman might get offended. Simple as that. There are female drummers and perhaps other non-drummer females that read this forum being that it is a public place. We all try and keep this place nice, civil and not offensive to anyone. I'm sorry that you felt like I was picking on you. I wasn't. I was picking on the thread title. It's not a personal attack.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

User Info Menu

"My daughter offered to show you why one should never use the phrase "for a girl" when refering to her martial arts skills" Not threatening? kind of sounds like it to me or at least that's the way I interpreted it. 13? how was I supposed to know that? and it does not matter the right skills use wrongly even in the hands of a 13 year old can have deadly consequences. This was over and done with, I said I was sorry if I offended anyone and you had to stir the pot with your post. This whole thing that was meant to be funny has gotten blown WAY out of proportion, I take responsibility for my part and am done with this thread. I had to add a few to the ignore list, feel free to do the same.
    Last edited by zarrdoss; 08-29-2013 at 10:29 AM.

User Info Menu

I think you're taking this personally. From my perspective, it wasn't meant to be. Even my original post said, "I'm not impressed with the thread title". How is that an attack on you? It's not like I said you're an idiot for posting that.

And I'm pretty sure NR was making a generalization. I know NR better than that. He's one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to know.

Again, zardoss, I'm sorry you feel that way.
    Stolen from EddieV:

User Info Menu

My issue wasnt that you didnt apologise because you did, but everytime you apoligised you threw another shot out.
    Ive said my piece.

User Info Menu

Everybody has a point but unfortunately nobody can just let it go. It's one of those things that isn't going to be solved here so I'm closing the thread. We must agree to disagree.

If you had actually worked this out among yourselves, instead of letting your male pride have to win the argument, the girl probably
    would've said, "Not bad for a guy!"