Thread: VEX Pro Touring double bass pedal

User Info Menu

Question VEX Pro Touring double bass pedal

I have been reading about this pedal, and there is conflicting info out there. Does anyone know anything about this pedal? I figure the price says it all, but then sometimes manufacturers lower prices to crack into a market, so I am looking for any feedback.

Thanks!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

if me memory wasn't failed me I think that Kevin and HB have both used these pedals and had very differing opinions on this. Youll have to ask them.

User Info Menu

Thanks, Vinny.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

again conflicting info lol. yea i hear ya PB im lookin into the DW 5000 series and its all, i love in and it sucks. so im stumped as you are for pedals.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I have been reading about this pedal, and there is conflicting info out there. Does anyone know anything about this pedal? I figure the price says it all, but then sometimes manufacturers lower prices to crack into a market, so I am looking for any feedback.

Thanks!
    Bob I personnelly own this pedal, and for the money it is excellant, I played on it alot until I got my DW's with my kit, in fact a few of my older videos were with these pedals, I like them alot, they have lots of adjustments, and the respond very well, one note though, if you buy these take the spring off the slave pedal, and it will work so much smoother and faster, not sure why, but it did for me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lafirin View Post
    i love in and it sucks.
    What?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pdplayer View Post
    Bob I personnelly own this pedal, and for the money it is excellant, I played on it alot until I got my DW's with my kit, in fact a few of my older videos were with these pedals, I like them alot, they have lots of adjustments, and the respond very well, one note though, if you buy these take the spring off the slave pedal, and it will work so much smoother and faster, not sure why, but it did for me.
    Thanks, Kevin. It's interesting that the spring on the slave is one of their big selling points. they claim it is what makes their pedal superior to all other pedals. I thought it was a little too good to be true that all the other pedal manufacturers blowing it. It would seem that they might be right, but your experience tells the opposite story.

User Info Menu

I disagree, I've used these pedals and similar ones to them, and they were atrocious pedals. One of the major problems I had with them was getting everything to stay tight. The beater would come loose, the springs would un-tension, the chain makes a hellova lotta noise. The springs are hard to adjust and next to impossible to find a comfort zone.

They got me through learning but, I'm really looking forward to upgrading to something much better than these.

I actually used the same trick as you pdplayer, I undid the sping on the slave pedal as well. I figured if my right foot is only having to press one spring down, then why should my left do double the work.

Anyway, in my opinion this is a bad pedal, made badly.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Thanks for the "real world" input guys. I really appreciate it. My guess is that quality control is part of the issue on these pedals, because of the difference in experience. I think that would be typical of a lower priced pedal, so your experience suggests that the lower price is not just a marketing ploy.

I'm probably not ready for entry into the double pedal world, yet, anyway. It was more of a passing thought, when I saw the Vex pedal.