Thread: snare and bass drum head

User Info Menu

Default snare and bass drum head

I just called the owner of the music store (hes a drummer). and he had suggested some heads other then the Aquarian Super-Kick II Bass Drumhead and the Evans EC Reversed Dot Coated Snare Batter Head. i havnt switched my mind on these guys yet, i just want your opinion on these new heads. if i heard him right he said some good bassdrum heads would be the evens Q3 and Q4, whatever that means. also he had suggested evens dry.. and he said the dot snare is for heavy hitters, which i am not. so whats your guys's veiw on the (Q3 and Q4 and evens dry)?

User Info Menu

Dude I use the super kick 2 and it is pretty good, I think it is better than either of the other ones, this head will provide much more attack and low-end, although I think I will be switching to the new Remo kick, can't remember the name of it right now, but it sounds incredible, has the two rings on it and the optional muffler.
    The Evans reverse dot snare head is KILLER, best sounding snare drum head I have ever played, I strongly recommend it, it is not for heavy hitter, it is for any style of music, very versatile head.
    the dry is very controlled, I like the head after I took the ring off, it sounds killer, but don't care for it with the ring on.
    Last edited by Pdplayer; 09-12-2007 at 07:16 PM.

User Info Menu

yeah well like i said i havnt switched my mind on the super kick and the reverse dot snare. i thought it was kinda weird when he said it was more for heavy hitters. although im not saying hes wrong, ill just get the superkick and reverse dot and if i dont like em. big deal, there better then my stocks.. and i can relplace em later

User Info Menu

i wouls also sugjest the evens j1 etched. it makes a mid dry, but vary open sound. i like it for my picalo. for my standered i use the reverse dot because i broke a lot of snare heads before i lernd to controll.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound