Thread: I guess it runs in the family?

User Info Menu

Default I guess it runs in the family?

So, i just like to inform you guys, im going to be creating a female drummer, no, i didnt get my lady friend pregnant, i have a little sister, (twin sisters actually) and one plays trumpet, the other was a former flute player who quit twice because she didnt like it

Anyway, after the flutist quit twice, we tried to find a instrument for her, and i pitched the idea of percussion like last year, well now shes finally come to terms with the fact that im going to have the power to make her do pushups when she gets to the line my junior year

So im training her now, im teaching her alll marching skills, right now its working on staying in time, and 8th notes, but hey, you gotta start somewhere =D

User Info Menu

Cool I guess it runs in the family?

Dude, ya scared me on the first line--but I'm glad you're helping your sister!

Good luck, and keep us posted on her progress! Way to go, bro'!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

thats awsome bro! you teach her good

User Info Menu

I thought you were becoming a female drummer LOL
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

i must admit i thought the same thing andrew did, but hey it cool that you help your sis.maybe one day youl be able to play together
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

That's very cool that your helping your sister, and it's something that neither of you will ever forget! Be nice to her now, because she always remember whether you were nice, or not!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Andreeew View Post
    I thought you were becoming a female drummer LOL
    HAHA! So did I.

User Info Menu

xD, you guys suck =P

No, but i have two twin sisters, both 2 years below me, anyway, were working on getting a really nasty bass line going, tonal bass, and ive had the idea, i coax the other one into coming to percussion over trumpet, then i stick them on the 1 and 2 or 1 and 5 drums so they have that entire twin ESP thing going =D

User Info Menu

Cool! A family drum line!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!