Thread: These are the things I wonder about...

User Info Menu

Default These are the things I wonder about...

I wasn't sure where to put this thread, but since it spreads across a couple of posts, I chose here...

I love reading about what is going on with all of you, all the questions, accomplishments, and ideas...but you guys are REALLY bad about following up! So, if you have any answers to these questions, by all means - let us (me) know!

...I know Bish bumped this thread recently, but I don't think he got any replies - when are we all going to get together?! If Cali doesn't work, maybe mid-country?

...on that note, did Sticks4Drums ever get his drum room done? Can we have a convention there?!

...Did cabasner ever find a solution to driving his wife crazy?

...Did CB700 ever see a doctor about his hand?

....Did piratemonkey124 ever find a new teacher?

I'm sure there are a few more, ya'll might even be able to add a few...
    "Well-behaved women rarely make history."
    -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich, 1976

User Info Menu

Default Re: These are the things I wonder about...

My hi-hat stand showed up today.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

oh yeah -that, too! and when I can expect to see those pretty blue sparklies on my doorstep.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
    oh yeah -that, too! and when I can expect to see those pretty blue sparklies on my doorstep.
    Tell you what...I'll trade blue for green.

You put enough little greens in an envelope and send it to me and I'll ship you the little blues.

Perfect!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

We dont speak of sticks4drums lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Redneck View Post
    We dont speak of sticks4drums lol
    Signature here

User Info Menu

What a great thread idea, BlueSky!

I have a bit of a story about the drums and my wife. As it happens, it was all a huge misunderstanding, thank goodness. My wife wasn't bothered by my drum practice at all. The story is long and complex, and it relates to a white lie my wife told my parents about my practicing. You see, my parents are in need of help, because my mother is ill, and both my folks are aging and fading mentally. They have been trying hard to keep us from going over to help them, but my wife had the idea of telling them that my drumming was driving her crazy, which she thought would ease their minds about her coming over to help them (like they were actually helping her out of a bad situation at home). My father immediately got on the phone to me, before my wife told me about her little plot, and my dad made it sound like my marriage was about to end unless I quit practicing while my wife was around. So, it never was an issue after all, and the wife's devious nature actually accomplished what we needed, which was to get my folks to let us help them. More information than you wanted, I know, but at least it closes the loop for you!

All of the posts to help me think about how to resolve the problem were greatly appreciated though, and maybe they can be of value to someone else who may have such an actual problem, or for me, if that issue actually does arise in the future!

Glad you cared enough to ask
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Joke.

User Info Menu

cabasner -

I am really glad to hear it was a miscommunication! I know exactly what you mean - one of the great "funs" in marriage is having a partner to be devious with...wait, that didn't come out right...but you know what I mean! I think we have all mislead our parents or in laws at one time or another, and how sweet of your wife to think of the plan. Jason and I aren't usually using our evil for good, though - we usually just want them to babysit longer!

User Info Menu

...I know Bish bumped this thread recently, but I don't think he got any replies - when are we all going to get together?! If Cali doesn't work, maybe mid-country?
    I haven't seen/been a part of this discussion, but I'd LOVE to be a part of this get-together, especially if it was more mid-country!
    Kits:
    -C&C Player Date 13/16/22
    -65' Ludwig Super Classic 13/16/22

Snares:
    -DW Nickel Over Brass 6.5x14 snare
    -Ludwig Black Galaxy Acrolite 5x14 snare
    -Ludwig 65' Super Classic 5x14 snare
    -Ludwig 64' Pioneer 5x14 snare
    -PDP Classic Wood hoop 6x14 snare

Rides:
    -Zildjian 22" Constantinople
    -Zildjian 22" Kerope
    -Zildjian 20" Constantinople
    Hats:
    -17" A Medium crash over K custom dark crash

-DW 9000 pedals

User Info Menu

Anyone wanna come see my band on the main stage at The House of Blues, or the following weekend at the Houston Grand Prix?

:D

User Info Menu

The Bahamas would be a good place!

all the best...

User Info Menu

BlueSky, it says a lot about you that you have started this thread. I guess so many of us have gotten used to people coming and going on the internet, that we take it for granted that we probably won't hear the end of the story. With this community, though, we care enough about each other to want to hear the outcomes.

cabasner, I'm glad to hear that it was more misunderstanding than reality. Isn't it amazing how often that's really the truth?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cabasner View Post
    What a great thread idea, BlueSky!

I have a bit of a story about the drums and my wife. As it happens, it was all a huge misunderstanding, thank goodness. My wife wasn't bothered by my drum practice at all. The story is long and complex...........it never was an issue after all, and the wife's devious nature actually accomplished what we needed, which was to get my folks to let us help them.
    Brilliant !
    I like her.
    The original story didn't add up for me anyway.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Cool Re: These are the things I wonder about...

[QUOTE=BlueSky;558524]cabasner -

- one of the great "funs" in marriage is having a partner to be devious with...wait, that didn't come out right...but you know what I mean!.../QUOTE]

Are you sure that wasn't a Freudian slip-up? Sounds like we don't have to wonder about Jason and you! Sounds as though you have one of the happier marriages on DrumChat!

I must admit some chatters have wondered what became of me lately. I hope I won't bore you too much, but I hit a rough patch emotionally and fiscally when my radio career ended in 2007, which greatly reduced my GAS money, much less my GAS. Soon after, there came a disastrous attempt at joining a folk-music trio. Some of you know the details; let's just say it was a blessing in disguise that the group fell apart. Then, the church music group for which I played percussion was completely revamped (and became much more traditional than our adult choir!) after a new parish priest took over.

By 2009, I was essentially an inactive drummer (now that's an oxymoron for you), so I backed off on making drum-related comments and stepped down as a mod. (It didn't make any sense to me to comment about something I knew less about now than I did in the past!).

With three (and almost four) grandchildren to keep me busy, I'm now passing on the beat to them, and, if the door opens, I'd get behind the drums in a minute...although my long-time drum teacher and close friend acknowledged himself in a recent newspaper article that finding live-music gigs is virtually impossible in our area.

I love you all, old friends and new ones alike! So now you can take "whatever became of bongobro?" off that wonder-about list!

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

[quote=bongobro;558608]
    cabasner -

- one of the great "funs" in marriage is having a partner to be devious with...wait, that didn't come out right...but you know what I mean!.../QUOTE]

Are you sure that wasn't a Freudian slip-up? Sounds like we don't have to wonder about Jason and you! Sounds as though you have one of the happier marriages on DrumChat!
    Yes, my mind tends to head in that direction naturally...I blame it on the music I listen to. (As Bish would say, "family friendly forum, family friendly forum) I know Jason and I are lucky to have found each other. I don't think I could have survived some of the stuff I've been through in the past years without my best friend by my side.

[quote=bongobro;558608]
    cabasner -

By 2009, I was essentially an inactive drummer (now that's an oxymoron for you), so I backed off on making drum-related comments and stepped down as a mod. (It didn't make any sense to me to comment about something I knew less about now than I did in the past!).
    Uuummm, look at my post count. I don't know the first things about drums except I like to play them, and I like other people who play them even more. I chime in when I can, otherwise I just have fun! Please don't ever let your "inactivity" keep you away from us!

[quote=bongobro;558608]
    cabasner -

I love you all, old friends and new ones alike! So now you can take "whatever became of bongobro?" off that wonder-about list!

I'm fortunate enough that you were already back by the time that I arrived. I'm sorry you had to go through all that, but it sounds like you are better for it - often the case in our trials.

Happy to be your SIS!