Thread: just got EC2's

User Info Menu

Default just got EC2's

i spent 2 hours tunnin all up. but they seem to sound quiter then my snare drum (my snare still has stock heads on it). is this because i need to break in the Ec2's?

User Info Menu

so your saying the snare is louder than the toms? its supposed to be, its a snare drum.

ps. these heads will take a tighter tuning and still keep thier depth. so dont be afraid to tighten them up a little more than usual.

User Info Menu

lol mabye your right funk. oh and thanks for the tip lol.. here i am sweat'n away trying not to tighten it to much, thats a releif.

User Info Menu

Good choice, do you like the dampened sound?
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

The EC2's will probably also have less resonance in them than the stock heads on your snare, which will have the effect of less overtones and so a reduced bomminess making them seem quieter, which is the natural dampening effect comming into play - plus, like funky said, your snare should be louder anyways.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat View Post
    Good choice, do you like the dampened sound?
    yeah its a good choice i like em. i mean im in a basment so there ideal for me with the overtones etc. and well the floor tom isnt really dampend, its really thundery i like it, and the hi and midum tom are dry but have a nice punch to them, alot better then my old heads, however i managed to tune them the exact same way i had my stocks tuned, i think iv got a good sound.

User Info Menu

nice man. now you gotta do a vid with them.
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

lol yup