Thread: Double Eliminator Demon Drive VS Double Iron Cobra

User Info Menu

Default Double Eliminator Demon Drive VS Double Iron Cobra

I'm using a single iron cobra now, and I love it. I want to expand my experience and get a set of double pedals, and don't really want to drop quality from the iron cobras. I can get a double set for 275 used, but I also can get a set of double eliminator demon drives for 300 used. I would think the demons would be a better deal, but does anyone have any preference or experience with both?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Double Eliminator Demon Drive VS Double Iron Cobra

I have the Demon Drives and I love them, mainly because I play a lot of metal and use them a lot for fast playing and everything, they've got a lot of features that allow you to get the right feel on them and customization. The Direct drive is a bit different from the chain though I will say that, some people say they don't have much power but I get plenty out of them with the right settings. And if we're talking $300 American then that's pretty much half off I think. But I don't have much experience with the Iron Cobra, i've only used them a handful of times. I love my Demons and the z link makes the left pedal feel just like the right which I think was almost completely worth it itself.
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you octopus?

User Info Menu

I have the Demons, too. I'm a new drummer, though, and my opinion is pretty much worthless. You can see my 'review' of the Demon on my thread about Axis, Trick and DW pedals (take a look for my name under originator in this section). I paid full retail for mine, so if you're getting yours for $300 US, you're getting a spectacular deal!!
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

Either are good and the Demons may be a bit more "cadillac".
    When I bought double pedals a year ago, I test drove all of the major players.
    My final choice was the Speed Cobra............but I was already used to playing long boards.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Either are good and the Demons may be a bit more "cadillac".
    When I bought double pedals a year ago, I test drove all of the major players.
    My final choice was the Speed Cobra............but I was already used to playing long boards.
    I was going to mention the Speed Cobra, I haven't played them myself but i've heard great things about them from a lot of people, like that they're similar to the Iron cobras... But better! I guess the only thing that would take any getting used to is the long board, which I like about the Demons, they can be both long and short board.

Another thing you mentioned here that I forgot to mention, definitely go and try out the pedals you're looking at buying if you can! Trying them is the best way to go because you might love the feel of the Iron Cobras and hate the Demons. Everyone has different tastes in this stuff.
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you octopus?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NedgarAllanPoe View Post
    ...Everyone has different tastes in this stuff.
    I could not agree more! My kit, and all my hardware, is going to be DW. So, I wanted VERY MUCH to prefer the DW9002 double pedal. But, as luck would have it, FOR ME, the Pearl Demon was just better. I've learned that the feel of a pedal (or pedals, in this case), is/are a very individual thing. Ideally, try 'em out before you decide. But if you can't do that, then read all the reviews you can. Try to discard the 'fan boys' for any particular brand, and just read the objective aspects of any review, to the degree that you can.

Like I said, I really WANTED to go DW, but I simply couldn't, based on my needs. Best of luck!
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare