Thread: good jazz songs for the drums

User Info Menu

Default good jazz songs for the drums

hi,
    i need to find good and impressive jazz/fusion songs with one of this five drummers:
    Max Roach, Tony Williams, Art Blakey, Brian Blade and Roy Haynes

the drum parts should be easy to learn (im begginer in jazz) but dominant and express Technique

*also if you've got drum sheet for the songs, it would be better

thanks!

User Info Menu

Default Re: good jazz songs for the drums

In the mood? That's a pretty decent, well known jazz song and there's probably a good chance of finding music for it too.

User Info Menu

The thing is that almost every jazz standard has been played creatively and expressively by someone or other. It really comes down to the arrangement and how you work the drum part into that arrangement. If you want to show off your swing chops try 'Sing, Sing, Sing.' 'Caravan' is a great piece and there are a million versions out there. Check those out.
    Life's too short to play the same solo twice. Improvise!

User Info Menu

i found this great song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpOByOs-GPc
    Joshua Redman Elastic Band - Jazz Crimes with Brian Blade on the drums

does anyone know if there are drum sheet for the song (and not just the solo). it really hard to get it by ear.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drumstix View Post
    In the mood? That's a pretty decent, well known jazz song and there's probably a good chance of finding music for it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySticks View Post
    The thing is that almost every jazz standard has been played creatively and expressively by someone or other. It really comes down to the arrangement and how you work the drum part into that arrangement. If you want to show off your swing chops try 'Sing, Sing, Sing.' 'Caravan' is a great piece and there are a million versions out there. Check those out.

i found this great song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpOByOs-GPc
    Joshua Redman Elastic Band - Jazz Crimes with Brian Blade on the drums

does anyone know if there are drum sheet for the song (and not just the solo). it really hard to get it by ear.
    i can pay for good and right sheet.