Thread: drum bags and hardware bag.

User Info Menu

Default drum bags and hardware bag.

My question is a bout a harware bag. I have 9cymbal stands 2 boom arms on clamps and two pearl arms HH stand 4 mutli clamps and snare stand. My question is what size hardware bag should I get for all of this? The size I was looking at is 48X16X14 is this too big?
    Any thoughts would be great thanks
    Conrad

User Info Menu

Default Re: drum bags and hardware bag.

9 cymbals stands take up lots of room in a bag ,,, i dont think 16x14 is big enough.
    Tamaholic

User Info Menu

If you're wondering about the Ahead Armor Ogio Engineered Hardware Sled with Wheels at 48" x 16" x 14" to hold 9 cymbal stands 2 boom arms on clamps and two pearl arms HH stand 4 mutli clamps and snare stand? That load could end up being too heavy for just one person? I've loaded 7 cymbal stands in a hardware bag with no wheels and it weighed a ton.

As advertised. This guy looks like he could be pushing 200 lbs? Again, you can probably stuff it all in but it may be heavy?

User Info Menu

So I quess two or more bags would be better.
    Conrad

User Info Menu

I have a large heavy duty plastic storage locker that I bought at Wal Mart for $20. It has a hinged lockable lid and handles and is designed to fit in the trunk of your car, SUV, truck, etc.. (Not one of those cheap Tupperware totes). Looks like a massive plastic tool box. It can hold all 3 cymbal stands and booms, snare stand, Tom mounts, throne, tools, supplies......basically everything except the hi-hat stand, cymbals and toms. It's heavy when fully loaded and requires 2 people to carry it efficiently, but it's a TON easier to make 1 trip as opposed to 5 when loading for a gig. For $20, it's effective and hard to beat. So far, it's held up just fine.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

I'm thinking rack if you have 9 cymbal stands. Yikers.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Eh, I have ten stands plus a multitude of clamps - I use two hard shell golf bag flight cases. Search your local classifieds or Craigslist, you can usually get them for 30-70 bucks depending on type and condition. I scored an SKB golf bag case for $40!

The Walmart lockbox thing sounds interesting though - I just bought a cart to load the shells on, so having a square case may be in the future...

edit - forgot to mention - use two bags! My two totally loaded are still incredibly heavy. Trying to fit it all in one while it can be accomplished, will cause you to hurt yourself!

User Info Menu

Bish wish I had the cash for a rack did see a used pearl rack at GC yeasterday for $219.

Anthony cool vid brother your awesome.
    Conrad

User Info Menu

Thanks man! You'll be happy to know I started on a CB-700, and hold a special place in my heart for that kit!

User Info Menu

I carried 4 heavy stands plus snare stand, hihat, and stool until i recently stopped using one of the cymbal stand.

That was heaaavvvyyyy for me (a 21 year old, average fitness guy) to lift into a car, so 9 would be killer.

As has been suggested, split it into a couple of bags (or get a rack-even though im not a fan of racks) and you'll be much better off
    Last edited by gottdonn13; 09-16-2013 at 02:46 PM.
    Its not what your playing, its what your playing

User Info Menu

I would also recommend getting at least 2 hardware bags. I have a bag for my rack, and that sucker is definitely heavy (no wheels), and then I have a hardware bag that is attached to a dolly type of cart. Getting that one is is a breeze. I also have a Rock N Roller cart. It's all about saving my back.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

its really not my biz, but , do you really need 13 cymbals ? are the stages that your playing on big enough to use a set this big ? that seems like a pretty big set to haul around for a local gigging drummer.
    Tamaholic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by atomcorr2 View Post
    its really not my biz, but , do you really need 13 cymbals ? are the stages that your playing on big enough to use a set this big ? that seems like a pretty big set to haul around for a local gigging drummer.
    Tom, I remember when I started playing, and had the 6 piece. Back then, I couldn't imagine playing a 4 piece. Fast forward to today, and it's a lot easier to get that 4 piece into the car, and setup is easier. No body cares that the kit is smaller, or that I have fewer cymbals.

And yep, you guys called it a long time ago!

Here's the proof:

Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Tom, I remember when I started playing, and had the 6 piece. Back then, I couldn't imagine playing a 4 piece. Fast forward to today, and it's a lot easier to get that 4 piece into the car, and setup is easier. No body cares that the kit is smaller, or that I have fewer cymbals.

And yep, you guys called it a long time ago!

Here's the proof:

lol yeah it only takes a few gigs to figure that out..
    Tamaholic

User Info Menu

Only 9 cymbals. If I do an hour or longer set I would like to use my whole set. If not I will only use abot a 5 piece with 2-3 crash cymbals and ride and Hats.
    Conrad