From time to time I'll repost a thread like this. Just a reminder that despite how much I love the members of this forum, I still have a job to do. Think of a police officer that writes you a ticket for speeding. Don't want a ticket? Don't speed. It's really that simple.

So some of you less mature guys in here (sorry but I call it as I see it) can moan and throw snide comments about me from time to time all you want. I suppose you're also the ones that never have anything good to say about your local police even thought they're just doing their job most of the time. It improves your life experience but you're too blind to see it and/or too proud to appreciate it.

I'm not here to win a popularity contest. I've been moderating this forum long enough to know that some people just don't like authority and they never want someone telling them what they can and can't do. What a shame because that isn't real life so they have a skewed perception of the world around them. Despite what they might believe, nobody has absolute freedom. There will always be guidelines (rules) that help maintain civility and keep the peace. Otherwise, we'd have total anarchy. This applies to life itself, not just talk forums.

So... it's required to read the rules of the forum before you join. Most members, especially the long term members, know them. Therefore, when a long term member (especially) decides to throw caution to the wind and completely disregard a known rule, immediate action will follow. I give far more warnings than many moderators so basically I give people enough room to hang themselves (as the old saying goes). But as I've said before, it doesn't matter if someone is the most popular person in here or they have a million posts, they still must follow the rules of the forum.

Despite any action ever taken when someone breaks the rules, we still love all the members here. Our world view is based on unconditional love. Something both PB and myself believe in and I think it's safe to say the owners of this forum believe in.

For those that appreciate the value of moderation and what we do here (many of you have spoken up in the past), I thank you and Pastor Bob thanks you.