Thread: Any advice on a throne?

User Info Menu

Default Any advice on a throne?

I'm new to drumming (about 5 months), and from starting out with a cheap kit ordered online on a whim, I quickly got addicted started upgrading everything. One thing I neglected is upgrading the throne. I have a hard time maintaining balance on my current one. Anyone have any experience with one that's under $100 and is good?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Any advice on a throne?

Why not invest a little more and get a Roc&Soc Nitro throne. It is a very popular seat here on DC. I have one and love it. Good investment.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Why not invest a little more and get a Roc&Soc Nitro throne. It is a very popular seat here on DC. I have one and love it. Good investment.
    This man speaks the truth. I love mine as well.

User Info Menu

you don't need a roc-n-soc to be comfy

i like the Gibraltar 9608 i have two

found one for 90$ on fleebay
    Last edited by itchie; 09-29-2013 at 08:50 AM.

User Info Menu

A good throne is a must have, if your concentrating on not falling off your throne or its not comfortable then your not concentrating on what you are playing. I have two of these Sound Percussion SP990SDT one for my e-kit and one for acoustic they are comfortable stable and you don't slide all over the place, sturdy well made and about 90 bucks. I have had some more expensive air thrones and they are nice. It just depends on what you can or are willing to spend, Good luck and welcome, lots of good advice on this forum.

User Info Menu

Yes, you will hear different options here at what is the best, cheapets, sturdious and most comfortable. Only you can decide so go out and try some out at your local music store.

User Info Menu

cause pearl don't make a good one under $100 ?

just kidding pearl man

good advice tho ....everyone's butt will have a preferred hardness rating .....so try them out ..double braced is the go for hardware...also search older threads for throne advice, must be a hundred of them

User Info Menu

Roc-n-soc... It improved my playing. My cheap throne would start other ing me after an hour. I can do 3 hours on the roc-n-soc and still be comfortable. I never stop practicing now because I'm uncomfortable.
    Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they don't get it wrong.

User Info Menu

Spend the extra now on a Roc n Soc and you will never have to buy another throne ever. Comfort with zero pain is the key. Best investment drum wise I've ever made.
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

I'll throw another vote in for the Roc-n-Soc.............so comfortable, I bought one to use as my office chair also

A throne that intrigues me lately is the "Carmichael"...............may get one someday..........if my R-n-S ever wears out

User Info Menu

Just make sure it comes with a TP holder.

User Info Menu

I appreciate the responses, I'll be checking these out. I'll go with the groundswell here and start with the roc & soc (or however the hell you spell it)

Thanks again.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BOOZINANDDRUMMIN View Post
    I appreciate the responses, I'll be checking these out. I'll go with the groundswell here and start with the roc & soc (or however the hell you spell it)

Thanks again.
    LOL it is spelt Roc n Soc go check their website and see what they have.