Thread: DW9000 on the way

User Info Menu

Default DW9000 on the way

Inspired by members of this fine forum like BTG and Drum_Chick, I ordered a new pedal the other day.

But as you can tell, its not just any pedal, but the cream of the crop. The DW9000...

I cracked the thing that clamped the spring to the beater axle on my old pedal (Sonic Drive, no-name brand, sort of like those Vex Pedals). Unfortunately, I'm a little tight on cash at the moment, so I could only order one single pedal. Which means I'll have to order another one sometime in the future.

Total cost, with frieght was $460 AUD. Which is pretty damn cheap for dw's, don't you think?

Anyway, just thought I'd share with you guys.
    HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

a double or two singles? either way... nice!!!!

User Info Menu

Good on ya, HB!!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hellsbells58 View Post
    Inspired by members of this fine forum like BTG and Drum_Chick, I ordered a new pedal the other day.

But as you can tell, its not just any pedal, but the cream of the crop. The DW9000...

I cracked the thing that clamped the spring to the beater axle on my old pedal (Sonic Drive, no-name brand, sort of like those Vex Pedals). Unfortunately, I'm a little tight on cash at the moment, so I could only order one single pedal. Which means I'll have to order another one sometime in the future.

Total cost, with frieght was $460 AUD. Which is pretty damn cheap for dw's, don't you think?

Anyway, just thought I'd share with you guys.
    HB58
    YAY HB! You're going to love them!

User Info Menu

Cool DW9000 in the way

Good on ya, mate!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Funky - Actually, only one single pedal. But I need the second one some time soon, you know with the two bass drums and what not.

HB58

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

ive herd great things about them, with any luck we wont be disapointed (i get my doubble in about a month.)
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

nice man, im sure ull love em

User Info Menu

Well, they're here now. They arrived yesterday, unfortunately I was working all day. So I couldn't play them that day.

Matter of fact, I'm going to play around with them now.

HB58

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Well, they're here now. They arrived yesterday, unfortunately I was working all day. So I couldn't play them that day.

Matter of fact, I'm going to play around with them now.

HB58
    Well???????

User Info Menu

Well, what can I say. Absolutely beautiful pedals. I don't know if you can really compare Drum_chick, because you haven't really ever experienced bad pedals before. The step up is phenomenal, so much adjustability, such smooth action, such absolute control.

Took me about 15 minutes to dial in the settings I liked, but, for the amount of things you can adjust they're so simple to change and move around.

The tiniest gripe I have about it is the heel part. I just feel the raised grip parts are a little sharp, and I would've preferred a smoother end to the pedal. I guess I'm just used to my other Eliminator pedal really. I guess it'll take me a while to get heel/toe happening on this pedal, but will be well worth it.

MY god, I can't stop talking about just how fantastic this pedal actually is. It's been so long in the works. Just great to finally have the creme de la creme of pedals, I guess.

HB58

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

thats so cool man, im glad you like them. so I guessing you use heal-toe alot on your pedals? i cant do heal toe on my pedals.. but i can do it on any other pedal.. go figure

User Info Menu

I can only do it with my left foot at the moment, my right pedal was always really crappy, so I could never get the action right on it. But I figure with more adjustable pedals, it may be easier to find the sweet spot.

HB58

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

HB, since you don't like the raised grip part on the heel part, I am assuming that you like to play in socks, or barefoot!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Cool DW9000 on the way

Well, what can I say. Absolutely beautiful pedals. I don't know if you can really compare Drum_chick, because you haven't really ever experienced bad pedals before. The step up is phenomenal, so much adjustability, such smooth action, such absolute control.

Took me about 15 minutes to dial in the settings I liked, but, for the amount of things you can adjust they're so simple to change and move around.

The tiniest gripe I have about it is the heel part. I just feel the raised grip parts are a little sharp, and I would've preferred a smoother end to the pedal. I guess I'm just used to my other Eliminator pedal really. I guess it'll take me a while to get heel/toe happening on this pedal, but will be well worth it.

MY god, I can't stop talking about just how fantastic this pedal actually is. It's been so long in the works. Just great to finally have the creme de la creme of pedals, I guess.

HB58
    Sounds like a review in the making, mate! Gonna have to take a second look at this one for my set!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Right on the money PB. I like to play in socks usually, I find its easier to heel-toe and play faster heel up because you can get your foot to slide off the pedal a little bit.

But yeah, a little adjustment will be required for the DW's. But god, I love this pedal.

HB58

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

i was thinking of getting a single one of the 9000's, but crap.. im not spending that kind of money. for you its totally worth it though, you being a metal man.. and having fast feet already, you want good pedals to compliment those thunder feet of yours lol.

User Info Menu

Well, I guess it'd be harder for you to get your hands on that kind of money Laf. I'd still recommend the pedal even for just rock stuff, it's just a nice pedal to play.

HB58

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

this thread is review worthy! thanks hb

User Info Menu

No problems Laf.

HB58

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

I Dream Of Owning Dw 9000 Dbl Pedal When I Grow Up.....i Only Have The 5000 Now And Dw Hihat Stand,,,,,what If Axis Ahad Dbl Pedal And Hihats What Would Be One Major Difference I Wonder Any Help?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PHROGGE View Post
    I Dream Of Owning Dw 9000 Dbl Pedal When I Grow Up.....i Only Have The 5000 Now And Dw Hihat Stand,,,,,what If Axis Ahad Dbl Pedal And Hihats What Would Be One Major Difference I Wonder Any Help?
    what do you mean here? axis does make double pedals and hi hats. as far as the difference between axis and dw goes, it is pretty drastic in feel. mainly because of the difference between direct drive and chain or strap drive. some people just cant EVER get used to the feel of direct drive. but for those that can...damn. i think the 9000 pretty much takes the traditional camco type design as far as it can go. they are awesome. if i was to go direct drive i would get trick over axis.