Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your practice routine?

User Info Menu

Default Re: What is your practice routine?

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    We have a full size fridge with a half barrel and many cans!
    For the win!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8beat View Post
    What is your practice routine?
    Avoid at all costs. It puts unwanted stick marks on the pristine heads.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

"For the win! "

And the prize is a all expense paid week-end at AA.

User Info Menu

I try to warm up first than practice my band cover songs. If I have more time jam with my son of goof around.
    Conrad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    "For the win! "

And the prize is a all expense paid week-end at AA.
    Or this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=rJfojhVoBLw

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AKC75 View Post

His prize.....................................FIRED.

User Info Menu

usually warm up with my hands to a click. starting on Snare then icorporating other drums and my feel. ..than I'll just jam out to a click for 5 min then bumb it up..Usully play from 100bpm-200bpm....sometimes I start lower, or higher...I'll play thru stufio recording of some of my bands tunes. then if I still have time or energy I just pic some tunes to play with or some full band play alongs (minus the drums). If I can't get on my kit or I'm lazy, I'll just work hands on a pad. Running thru all rudiments. Might pull out stick control too.

User Info Menu

*incorporate other drums and my feet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    His prize.....................................FIRED.

Man I thought that was pretty hilarious.

User Info Menu

1) rudiments 2) simple beats 3) drum solo 4) songs I know by heart 5) I pod and drum session 7) fast playing slow playing 8) metronome playing.

User Info Menu

Normally I start out with eight on a hand and gradually speed it up. Then I'll do rudiments (especially paradiddles) for a while. After that I usually just jam. Sometimes I play sheet music to.

User Info Menu

Lately I have been trying to mingle odd and even amounts of strokes between the clicks of father time(metronome).
    I am sofa king we todd did...... repeat out loud.

User Info Menu

I'm actually glad I found this thread...lately I think my practice routine has been off. I've just been sitting down at the Kit everyday, and playing. Just kind of making up beats, and fills. The beats and fills do contribute in a way though, such as right now I'm working on my kick speed and doing a lot of doubles on my feet during the beats and fills. But I feel like I could be getting a much more effective practice time. I just don't think that sitting down at the kit every afternoon and playing for 40 minutes is going to cut it... Any suggestions?
    Happy Drumming!

IS15

User Info Menu

I jam once a week with a bunch of 'ol farts. We run through a bunch of classic rock stuff from the '70s. The jam is more of a social outlet. Beer and snacks and a bunch of laughs.

At home, it's a different story. The kit's set up in the garage due to the noise issues which means I'm alone with no distractions. Rudiments with a click is how I usually start out. My doubles strokes are horrible so I work on them until I get bored. My latin beats suck so I work on them next. Then my routines can take an unpredictable turn and I'll work out what ever comes to my head. It can be as fast as a skank beat or something more dynamic like a jazz swing beat. 45 minutes to an hour at home seems the norm.

User Info Menu

I play for my church, so I usually practice to the songs we are going to do for the month. The other half of practice is just listening to music ( iPod, iPad, CDs, YouTube )