Thread: Smoked 'em!

User Info Menu

Default Smoked 'em!

Played the Dodd Stadium gig today. Over 600 classic and custom cars, prolly around 2 - 3,000 people on the grounds at any one time. We played from 11:00am to 1:00pm and quite simply rocked! Yeah, there were a few screw-ups but it was an awesome, awesome show. It's amazing when you work with good musicians how you can cover each other's mistakes so the audience doesn't even know you messed up! We're all hyper critical of ourselves anyway - each one of us a perfectionist as my wife likes to call us. That's probably why everybody thinks were so good.

We're already booked into this show for next year... promoter said we were one of, if not the best band he's ever had and this was the 26th or 27th year of the show. Before we left he made sure we were a lock for next year. Dang, I can't believe how fortunate I am to have found/been found by this awesome bunch of musicians!

Stix
    Encouragement = Fertilizer for the seed of desire
    & the flower of accomplishment.

Sonor S-Class -Ash

22 Bass, 8, 10, 12, 14 Rack, 16 Floor
    14X5 D454 Chrome Snare
    21 Zildjian Ride, 21 Zilco Crash Ride, 15 Sabian AAX Dark Crash
    14 Sabian XS20 Medium Crash, 13 Sabian El Sabor Splash, 13 Zildjian A Custom Hats
    10 Paiste Twenty Splash, 10 Zildjian A Splash, 6 Zildjian Zilbel
    Tama Iron Cobra 2X Pedal & Hatstand, Pearl Icon Rack

www.myspace.com/stix51861

User Info Menu

That's awesome man. Congratulations x6
    What's your band called again?
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Awesome, way to go!
    Just because it's old doesn't mean it's not just as good now as it was then.

User Info Menu

Stix, that's either luck, or providence! Your call.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Stix do you have any mp3's to check out? Does your band hava myspace? Blessings.......

User Info Menu

nice work stix
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

feels good don't it? i dont think i've ever had a "perfect" performance in my life. but like you said with the right cast around you, one will always cover another.

User Info Menu

Thanx guys! It's nice to be able to come here and chat with you all. Talking to my wife, family and friends is great and I wouldn't trade that for the world. But you guys (and girls!) understand what it takes. The kind of dedication necessary. The endless practice. The desire to constantly want to improve. And how great it feels to be on the receiving end of the accolades, cheers, applause and compliments. You also understand how hard it is whereas the other people only see the end results and most have no clue just what it takes to get "here." The busted knuckles (from catching a rim or cymbal), the strained muscles (from playing/practicing so long), the frustration at not being able to do something and wanting to do be able to do it so bad, the investment in time and money to have the "perfect" rig and being able to play it so you do it justice. The never being good enough and always wanting to be better. It really is hard work to be the kind of drummer we all want to be. Ahhhhh, just an old fart rambling on and relishing the afterglow of a good day/performance.

In any case, for those of you that have asked, the bands name is Bottom Drawer and you can check us out at www.bottomdrawerband.com. We've got four songs that should auto-load on each page of the website. Unfortunately we have four songs and six pages (kinda bush website but it's a start) so we had to double up a couple of the songs.

Again, thanks for the kind words from everyone!

Stix
    Encouragement = Fertilizer for the seed of desire
    & the flower of accomplishment.

Sonor S-Class -Ash

22 Bass, 8, 10, 12, 14 Rack, 16 Floor
    14X5 D454 Chrome Snare
    21 Zildjian Ride, 21 Zilco Crash Ride, 15 Sabian AAX Dark Crash
    14 Sabian XS20 Medium Crash, 13 Sabian El Sabor Splash, 13 Zildjian A Custom Hats
    10 Paiste Twenty Splash, 10 Zildjian A Splash, 6 Zildjian Zilbel
    Tama Iron Cobra 2X Pedal & Hatstand, Pearl Icon Rack

www.myspace.com/stix51861

User Info Menu

Congrats Stix! Would love to hear some of it if you can post it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stix518 View Post
    Played the Dodd Stadium gig today. Over 600 classic and custom cars, prolly around 2 - 3,000 people on the grounds at any one time. We played from 11:00am to 1:00pm and quite simply rocked! Yeah, there were a few screw-ups but it was an awesome, awesome show. It's amazing when you work with good musicians how you can cover each other's mistakes so the audience doesn't even know you messed up! We're all hyper critical of ourselves anyway - each one of us a perfectionist as my wife likes to call us. That's probably why everybody thinks were so good.

We're already booked into this show for next year... promoter said we were one of, if not the best band he's ever had and this was the 26th or 27th year of the show. Before we left he made sure we were a lock for next year. Dang, I can't believe how fortunate I am to have found/been found by this awesome bunch of musicians!

Stix
    Absolutely awesome man, right on

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stix518 View Post

Stix
    You are the man Stix!!!!!! I am so happy for you (and jealous) I can only dream of being that successful some day! GO YOU!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Cool Smoked 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Stix, that's either luck, or providence! Your call.
    Hey, Stix! Congrats on your gig...gonna listen to this shortly.

BTW, PB, to paraphrase my church's pastor: "Luck? Maybe...but I don't think so!"
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Amen BB! I have also heard that "coincidence [luck] is simply God working anonymously."
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Default happy for you

and i check you site

it very good and very tight band

very nice job

continue your nice job

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

I checked you site. Awesome man!
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered